Confusing Forum?

TowDawg

I registered and made a post in two different classified forums about R6's I am looking for. When I go back to those threads, my posts aren't there.

I wanted to put some pics in the "track day toys" thread, but there's no option to add pics.

I looked on the FAQ section and it said to contact a mod. I went to PM a mod and it says I can't use PM's yet.

I'm on multiple forums and have never seen anything like this. The only thing I have seen is that some will not let you post pics until a certain number of posts, but they at least show the option and then it tells you that you need _ more posts first.

I'm sure these all may be things that are simple, but it's all different than anything else I get on. Any help here?

OK. So this thread I started has been approved and posted, but none of my posts in other threads have shown up and I posted them yesterday afternoon. I think I read that after you have 5 posts approved, you don't have to wait for approval anymore. I've probably got 6-8 posts awaiting approval. Any idea how long it typically takes for them to get approved?

Correct, 5 posts to make sure you're an actual human who is actually interested in something NASA related, before they post without approval.

Sorry for the inconvenience but we get hammered with spam posts constantly, dozens if not hundreds a week sometimes.

Timeframe depends on how long it takes the moderators to see your 5 posts.

Looks like you're one more post away from freedom. Quick, reply and tell me how you feel about that, so I can approve it

• 1 month later...

All posts when your count is 5 or less get seen by moderators and manually approved. After that, they post automatically.

Spent the last half-hour deleting all the robo-spam on this board. That's why.

Jon

• 5 months later...

Yeah, it kinda sucks when you need an answer fast and you have to wait a few days to get your post on.

Hopefully if I post here, it will get my post count up!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The sheer volume of spam posts to a forum like this is hard to imagine unless you host one. I own a couple of forums for other interests and it's not uncommon for me to need to clean out upwards of half a million spam posts each month that members never see. I have a couple of tricks that force most of the new posts into areas where real people never see them but still keep clean-up easy for me, but there is an undeniable cost in time and energy to deal with the problem.

Given how hard the problem can be to control, a few moderated posts is a very small cost for keeping the forum free from robo-spam.

• 2 years later...

I also am having the same issue. Recently created a new thread and when I go to search for it, nothing shows up.

Does the minimum of five posts also apply if you are starting a new thread?

Thanks,