TT entry fee

loudes13

I've been a road racer, solo2, and DE guy for a few years in the midwest. I've run the Midwestern Council Time Trial (AX) series on and off for 10 years.

This year I'm running my street car (e36 M3) in MC's TT series, but am curious about Nasa's series. My biggest question is the entry fee is the same as w2w. What am I missing? MC just did a TT event at Autobahn for $100. Nasa's entry fee is $195.

Is this a combined HPDE and TT?

I'm more interested in the pure competition, not 5 or 6 20 min sessions. For almost $200 I'd rather race the Spec Miata.

Dang, that's cheap. We shell out almost $400 to race at California Speedway.

Pricing is up to the individual Regional Director and depends on a lot of factors. It looks like TT is about $60 cheaper compared to the race entries, which seems to be about the same everywhere.

I was just doing some more reading, and it appears that it's like qualifying for w2w racing. Am I right????

20 min session, continous lapping, for your fastest lap - correct?

MC TT is 1 lap, standing start. You get practice in the morning, but the afternoon is 3-5 timed laps.

It starting to make sense...

I was just doing some more reading, and it appears that it's like qualifying for w2w racing. Am I right????

20 min session, continous lapping, for your fastest lap - correct?

MC TT is 1 lap, standing start. You get practice in the morning, but the afternoon is 3-5 timed laps.

It starting to make sense...

NASA TT is like like a qualifying session. Every lap in ever session is counted (sometimes the first sesson of the day doesn't count). The fastest lap of the day wins.

Edited by Guest

thanx ted, that's what I wanted to know.

I like the concept a lot.

One thing that's always fun about MC time trials is sliding through turn 1 on cold tires - it seperates the men from the boys! oh well

Skippy, I instructed and participated in the Autobahn event in TTF. Passing allowed ANYWHERE, straights, corners, just be safe because most of us don't have the w2w safety equipment.

While it's true that the entry fee is higher then MC AX, it's worth it -- I just put three MC AX seasons's worth of track time on the Neon in three days! When you work it out that way, it's cheaper by far to run with NASA.

This is an awesome deal...!