First time trials event?

GOOSE079

Trying to figure out what class I should run at the TT event at Road Atlanta on the 4th and 5th. Ive got a pretty much stock e36 M3 all thats done is wheels suspension(H&R race springs and bilstein shocks) exhaust and a short shift kit(uuc) any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was going to do that but decided to be nice.

Anyways, I guess I'll be actually helpful and give you a quick rundown of how the classing works:

1.) Look up where your car starts out at in the big table of car listings, note the base class and number of ( * ) if any.

2.) Figure out what parts you have on your car as it stands that didn't come on the regular plain jane no-options version of your car. Spoiler, springs, and shocks came as part of a sport pack option? They're considered "mods".

3.) After step 2, figure out how many points each part "costs" by looking them up in the ruleset - it's organized fairly well (suspension, engine, etc)

4.) Total up all your mod points and ( * ) points

5.) With that total from step 4 see how many classes you're moved up (if any) - table for that is in the ruleset

6.) as a final check, calculate your car's adjusted hp/weight - might want to download one of the Excel calculators that people have built to make it easier

7.) run the higher of the results from steps 1-5, or step 6

(for step 7 lets say by points you're TTC, but step 6 says TTB - run TTB. If you're by points TTB, but step 6 says TTC - run TTB)

Off the top of my head I'd ASSume TTD or TTC assuming not a ton of mods, reasonable tires, etc based on other milder E36 M3s I've been around.

If you just want to run for fun and not deal with the classing, TTR covers anything with 4 wheels and 4 fenders so go with that.

I have to admit this made me laugh:

Trying to figure out what class I should run at the TT event at Road Atlanta on the 4th and 5th. Ive got a pretty much stock e36 M3...

OK, pretty stock ... but wait a second:

...all thats done is wheels suspension(H&R race springs and bilstein shocks) exhaust and a short shift kit(uuc) any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, just wheels, springs, shocks, and exhaust!