larsend

2013 Schedule?

Mrsideways

Maybe I'll own something that runs by then..... Grand-am track or did they get the club course drained and fixed yet.

jakermc
Jan 5-6, 2013 @ Homestead = CONFIRMED! Info/pre-reg coming soon in another thread. Rest of the season schedule will be posted anytime now. Thanks all!

Any news on the rest of the schedule?

getfast

Got HMS dates confirmed this morning. Sebring any minute now... more soon!

getfast
more soon!

I'll make a new thread once it's all confirmed, but for now...

Jan 5-6 Homestead

Mar 23-24 Homestead

(Mar/Apr TBA Sebring)

May 11-12 Homestead

(Jun TBA Sebring)

(Aug TBA Sebring)

Sep 13-15 Road Atlanta w/SE

(Oct TBA Sebring)

Oct 26-27 Homestead

Mrsideways

Heard Rumor of a Joint SE event at Roebling road . Any truth to that

getfast
Heard Rumor of a Joint SE event at Roebling road . Any truth to that

Couldn't get a RR date that worked. So instead it's:

911s

Good job John. You do good work. I do like the joint SE event at Road Atlanta. Fun times with that crew and place.

more soon!

I'll make a new thread once it's all confirmed, but for now...

Jan 5-6 Homestead

Mar 23-24 Homestead

(Mar/Apr TBA Sebring)

May 11-12 Homestead

(Jun TBA Sebring)

(Aug TBA Sebring)

(Oct TBA Sebring)

Oct 26-27 Homestead

Balroks

Sweet, thanks! Hopefully the Oct Sebring date is the first weekend.

jakermc

Thanks for the update. I've raced with NASA-TX for much of the past 5 years but have moved to FL and looking forward to joining you guys. Probably won't make the first couple of events but then should make many of the others.

Is there much of a car count in either GTS 3/4 or ST 2/3? It looked kind of lonely when I checked last year's results.

Balroks
Thanks for the update. I've raced with NASA-TX for much of the past 5 years but have moved to FL and looking forward to joining you guys. Probably won't make the first couple of events but then should make many of the others.

Is there much of a car count in either GTS 3/4 or ST 2/3? It looked kind of lonely when I checked last year's results.

There was a GTS4 here and there but they only showed up once. Epic's BMW is GTS4 I think but he's uber fast. ST2 was only me and one other guy last year, ST3's a new class so i'm moving down to that to join the former PTA guys. Basically a wait and see who does what in all regions with the amount of rule changes made for this season.

kbrew8991

race groups in general there seem a little lower on overall attendence than he may be used to - but if you slice the pie properly I'm sure you can have a couple big classes and fun racing

jakermc
race groups in general there seem a little lower on overall attendence than he may be used to - but if you slice the pie properly I'm sure you can have a couple big classes and fun racing

Yep, the seems like my cars are having trouble finding a home in FL. Some non-NASA groups have decent car counts but my NASA built cars don't class well there. I also enjoy the cleaner rule set that NASA provides.

Current plan is to bring my GTS4 car (Porsche 996 build) to FL to run with a non-NASA group in January and then join some NASA races later on.

My GTS3 car (Porsche 911 build) will stay in TX and I plan to run the NASA MSR-Cresson event in March (still have my house there), probably Hallett in June, and maybe even NOLA.

The wild card is the Ferrari 355 Challenge. I won the championship this year with Ferrari Challenge Club Racing (CCR) but won't do more than one event with them in 2013 (Road America in August). It should class in NASA ST3 and depending on which region grows the class the quickest will determine where I keep the car.

getfast

Sebring dates were confirmed today. http://www.drivenasafl.com/scheduleresults/

Jan 5-6 Homestead

Mar 23-24 Homestead

Apr 27-28 Sebring

May 11-12 Homestead

Jun 15-16 Sebring

Sep 13-14-15 Road Atlanta

Oct 5-6 Sebring

Oct 26-27 Homestead

Question: if we were to add a Friday to one of the Sebring dates (particularly April), who would be interested? Racer test & tune, HPDE3/4/TT open practice, perhaps comp licensing school, maybe instructor clinic, possibly an afternoon/evening enduro. Love to hear some thoughts...

jakermc
Sebring dates were confirmed today. http://www.drivenasafl.com/scheduleresults/

Jan 5-6 Homestead

Mar 23-24 Homestead

Apr 27-28 Sebring

May 11-12 Homestead

Jun 15-16 Sebring

Sep 13-14-15 Road Atlanta

Oct 5-6 Sebring

Oct 26-27 Homestead

Question: if we were to add a Friday to one of the Sebring dates (particularly April), who would be interested? Racer test & tune, HPDE3/4/TT open practice, perhaps comp licensing school, maybe instructor clinic, possibly an afternoon/evening enduro. Love to hear some thoughts...

I would attend a Friday test & tune any and every time it is scheduled. A major cost of attending an event is the travel and preparation (time and money) associated with it. Amortizing the cost over 3 days instead of 2 makes it far more likely that I would attend. I schedule my racing calendar looking at several organizations and I prioritize 3 day events over the 2 day events. It also makes it more likely for me to attend an event at a track I have not raced at before, when a day of practice before competition is critical.

LOVE the idea of an enduro, but the day before the sprints is tough. It presents the risk of a mechanical occurring during the enduro at the beginning of the weekend which could knock you out of the sprints the rest of the weekend. I'd still vote yes for an enduro, but something to consider.