The most track time/HPDE Open Track

Roger Davis

Guys,

If you are one of those types that just wants lots of track time and is not interested in fender to fender racing or collecting trophys, than HPDE is what you want.

I know a few guys with comp licenses that have stopped the competitive racing because you just don't get as much track time as there are just too many run groups on any given day.

I run with NASA, PDA, EMRA and Phoenix CMR and all these clubs run Open Track events that give you at least one hour per day of on track running at speed. You will take home no trophys, no posing with pretty girls for a photo op. You will however spend more time running than you will sitting in the pits waiting to run.

I am not knocking competitive racing as lots of guys love the competition but if all you want to do is drive your car real hard for a lot of miles per day , than HPDE is for you.

I'll be at the Glen Sept. 22, 23 for the fourth time this year and I'll be back in October for more.

Hope to see some new faces this time.

Roger Davis aka Cranky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...