Support our AIX Brother! (World Challenge Parity War)

Rook

I don't know how many of you follow Pirelli World Challenge, but one of our former AIX brothers and his fellow Boss 302S drivers have a fight on their hands. I posted this in Corner-Cavers, and as I'm trying to get the word out here goes...

Originally, as the series evolved for the 2011 season, the new-at-the-time Boss 302S was set to be the baseline car for the series. What has happened since, is that the Boss 302S teams have been hit with handicap, after handicap, under the guise of an attempt to level the playing field. Some believe this, while others believe the lengths WC has gone to are absurd and excessive. The height of this stir, was triggered by the Boss teams having to run a restrictor that was another 20% tighter than the one they'd already been laden with at the recent Mid-Ohio round, sponsored by Acura. (One driver was threatened with a $5,000 fine for pressing the issue) As a result, both Acuras won, to include the one driven by Peter Cunningham (Co-Owner of WC Vision, which owns the series). It should also be mentioned that the Acuras are permitted to run sequential transmissions. Below is a bit more information:

Press Release by the WC Boss 302S Teams

If you have SPEED Channel, it'll be discussed tonight on Wind Tunnel with Dave Despain.