NISMO body/ exterior parts

mferek

This was touched on a little bit in a previous post, but I figured I'd make it a new topic since it is a separate question than what that post was about.

Are all NISMO body panels and aero devices allowed for in the rules? That first line in the Body section, stating "All Exterior Body Panels// Must be OEM// All interchange OK// NISMO Z parts" seems to allow for anything made by NISMO. However, before that, it lists specific part numbers. I presume that these are the recommended parts rather than the only parts allowed. Am I interpreting this correctly?

For example, the NISMO V2 Rear Spoiler part number 98100-V2Z33 is not listed in the parts list, but is made by NISMO. Is this spoiler allowed?

OK- let's go over this again. No, the NISMO V2 Rear Spoiler isn't allowed in Spec Z. Part number 98100-V2Z33 is an aftermarket part (like the rest of the V2 bodykit) and was never sold as part of any Z33 model. The intent of the current Spec Z rule set is to only allow exterior body panels that were originally part of an 350Z option package (such as Enthusiast, Performance, Touring, Track or NISMO package), which is why the V3 bodykit is the only one allowed at this point.

Make sense? Not all 350Z NISMO parts are allowed, otherwise there'd be a full GT3 fiberglass body kit for tubeframe racecars that someone would find a way to fit to a Spec Z.

OK- let's go over this again. No, the NISMO V2 Rear Spoiler isn't allowed in Spec Z. Part number 98100-V2Z33 is an aftermarket part (like the rest of the V2 bodykit) and was never sold as part of any Z33 model. The intent of the current Spec Z rule set is to only allow exterior body panels that were originally part of an 350Z option package (such as Enthusiast, Performance, Touring, Track or NISMO package), which is why the V3 bodykit is the only one allowed at this point.

Make sense? Not all 350Z NISMO parts are allowed, otherwise there'd be a full GT3 fiberglass body kit for tubeframe racecars that someone would find a way to fit to a Spec Z.

Thanks for clarifying again.

mferek - used V3 parts are out there, and if you want them, you gotta grab them as soon as they're listed because there aren't that many out there. OR, you can buy new ($$). I found a bunch of mine that were damaged-and-replaced by insurance, and my body shop is doing a touch of magic for cheap.