Battery Rules

Brian L.

• Members

Unless I am blind I don't see one single word relating to rules about battery relocation, or different type or size. I know this rule set is written as a "if it doesn't say you can, you can't" format, but it would be nice to see one line since it is such a common thing to do when building a car. Anyone out there running a relocated battery?

Unless I am blind I don't see one single word relating to rules about battery relocation, or different type or size. I know this rule set is written as a "if it doesn't say you can, you can't" format, but it would be nice to see one line since it is such a common thing to do when building a car. Anyone out there running a relocated battery?

I'm guessing the battery will have to remain in the stock location. Just yesterday I re-located back up to the front because I assumed it was illegal. Im interested to see what others have to say.

I assume the same, since battery location/etc. is specifically called out in other race groups (spec E30: http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/spec30_rules.pdf section 8.16).

I bet the type/size of battery is open though, since I don't believe there is an "OEM battery" part number, and I haven't seen a NISSAN-branded battery in any/many track cars.

• National Staff

As you said, because it's not specified in the rules, it needs to be stock.

Stock size and type is what should be used in the car in the stock location.

Imagine if we had to list everything in the rules that "couldn't" be changed. The book would be many times thicker than what it is.

If it doesn't explicitly say you can do something, it must remain stock, period! That means if tech can tell a change has been made, it's not permitted.