Magnificent Seven at NASA Nationals

dkmura

I'm sorry to announce that I'm withdrawing from the 2012 NASA Nationals. My younger brother has stage IV brain CA and his condition continues to decline. After visiting him in hospice yesterday, I decided the best thing is to be here with him and my sister in Colorado.

But I still want to see at least seven Spec Zs start the first Spec Z National Championship race, so I’m transferring my entry over to Clark Crawford (who's already raced and qualified in Spec Z) out of Nashville to fill the #7 spot. Will Faules, NASA National Event Manager already has been informed and has approved the change. Clark also needs tires, so I’m trying to make arrangements to transport the mounted BFGs (yeah- the ones I’ve been saving all season) for Clark’s use.

I want to assure everyone that Nissan Sport Magazine will cover this race as well as the development of Spec Z in the future. Good luck to each of the seven competitors and let's make this a class to be proud of!

Sorry to hear about your brother. Prayers go out to him, you and your family.

I don't have any tires for Clark and space in my trailer is limited but if I can help Clark getting there and back just let me know. I plan on leaving out before noon on Tuesday....

Rob Oxford

Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers, guys.

Rob- thanks for the offer, but Clark has things handled for getting his Spec Z to the track. My problem is finding one of the Colorado guys to bring my mounted BFGs out to M-O.

I'm sorry to announce that I'm withdrawing from the 2012 NASA Nationals. My younger brother has stage IV brain CA and his condition continues to decline. After visiting him in hospice yesterday, I decided the best thing is to be here with him and my sister in Colorado.

But I still want to see at least seven Spec Zs start the first Spec Z National Championship race, so I’m transferring my entry over to Clark Crawford (who's already raced and qualified in Spec Z) out of Nashville to fill the #7 spot. Will Faules, NASA National Event Manager already has been informed and has approved the change. Clark also needs tires, so I’m trying to make arrangements to transport the mounted BFGs (yeah- the ones I’ve been saving all season) for Clark’s use.

I want to assure everyone that Nissan Sport Magazine will cover this race as well as the development of Spec Z in the future. Good luck to each of the seven competitors and let's make this a class to be proud of!

Sorry to hear David.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread deserves some closure, and last week my brother Alan passed away in hospice. I'm glad I had the time to spend with him, even though it was hard to know if he remained aware I was there. On the chance he was, it was precious time indeed.

One last point on Nissan Sport Magazine: our fall issue has just been released and the timing meant that most of the motorsports coverage had to be set before the NASA Nationals took place. Rest assured, we'll cover the Spec Z Championships in the winter issue and will continue to offer more Spec Z coverage than any other print publication in the future.