NASA SE/NASA MA Event merger - Oct 13-14

bob-e

Lucid Moments
It looks to be a one event joint run since AMP was scrubbed.

Details such as points I am sure will be coming

WTF? AMP has been scrubbed? When did that happen?

Edit

just saw on the NASA-SE site that it has indeed been cancelled. Shit, don't know if I can make it to VIR. I'm going to try.

Firebird Man

I drove my Firebird at AMP Saturday, I'd hit 100db at RA in June and added baffles to my pipes for AMP. I hit 96db at AMP from what I was told. Borderline loud, but under. It did cost me some hp though, wasn't too happy about that.

There was no finesse in driving my car there, but what else is new, but it was an absolute blast throwing it into the corners, several of which are well over 90-120 degrees. Only one real hard braking zone, but a lot of blind exits.

For small, light, low hp cars a race would be interesting. For 3200 lb 500 hp cars? Dunno.

Run it if you get a chance, it is a fun track. Better suited for DE and TT, IMHO though.

Blew out my front calipers late in the day, have to rebuild them before I can commit to VIR, sounds interesting. Be a nice filler event.

Edited by Guest

You guys should entertain the idea of coming down to Sebring Oct 6-7 , too. You HPDE drivers can stay at home (haha) but NASAFL could probably stand to put some more race cars on the big track. They need all the help they can get with numbers and your attendance would be greatly appreciated. The weather is finally nice by October as well.

Lucid Moments

Damn, doesn't work out at all for me. I am going to be in New York that weekend, plans already made, money already spent. So I guess I will see you guys in November. I got to find some other track time, no way I can make it from August to November without going to some track somewhere.

You guys should entertain the idea of coming down to Sebring Oct 6-7 , too. You HPDE drivers can stay at home (haha) but NASAFL could probably stand to put some more race cars on the big track. They need all the help they can get with numbers and your attendance would be greatly appreciated. The weather is finally nice by October as well.

I'm am trying to figure out a way to do both. But TT, though, not racing.

I'm am trying to figure out a way to do both. But TT, though, not racing.

thinking.....

Damn, doesn't work out at all for me. I am going to be in New York that weekend, plans already made, money already spent. So I guess I will see you guys in November. I got to find some other track time, no way I can make it from August to November without going to some track somewhere.

This is my plan now that AMP is cancelled. Don't forget to tell them about the 2 hour Enduro on Saturday evening.

• Members

Folks,

We were extremely worried about the noise limitations and racing at AMP. It would be a disaster for us to have to black flag racers during qualifying or a race just because they blew the sound meter. We thought that we had tested enough at various events but the folks at AMP were not satisfied with our staff's sound testing and they felt we needed to commit more effort into baffling everyone's exhaust. Add to that the tiny paddock and very limited amenities for a group the size that we would have at our event and we realized that we needed to wait until AMP is big enough to handle a NASA-SE sized event. We are looking forward to future events at AMP, but we currently do not feel that the facility is ready for us.

robbodleimages

thanks for your eff.orts, jim. i know you tried hard. you are right about the paddock and lack of facilities. that should come in time.

in the end they will need to find their own comfort zone on sound. i dont think they have it yet. they find it hard to believe anyone's sound equipment except their own ears. that will also take time

• Members

I was at AMP on Sep 1 to check it out. As Jim said, the facility just isn't ready for the size event we put on. The paddock space is very limited, especially with the new garages that are under construction. Also, there is no area for the size grid that we need. The amenities need maturity in order to support a group of our size. My imperssion of the track viewed from the top of the tower (four 8x8x20 shipping containers, stacked) on Saturday is that it is a hot wheels track suitable for small cars. Wheel to wheel racing will be difficult. I think it would be a fun track solo in a Miata, E30 or Legends car. BTW, the go kart track looks awesome with elevation changes like a roller coaster!