Oil Pan Spacers

dcazin

I know we all assume the rule, if it's not listed, it's illegal. But, I am really wondering about Oil Sump systems, Pan Spacers, etc.... engine protection items..

Laze - are you able to provide a definitive, these are not allowed or they are?

thanks

After racing the Z in T2 racing the past five years, the OEM oiling system is adequate for racing. With the tire/suspension package allowed in Spec Z, why would we need a pan spacer or dry sump system? We're trying to build a class by allowing as few mods as possible, yet people keep talking about pushing the envelope on rules. Makes no sense if we're trying to build this class.

I had different results. My factory engine let loose 3 years ago after 4 years of HPDE due to suspected oil starvation. On the subsequent build (while all upgraded internals), I have been running the APS baffled oil pan it and have had no issues(bearings on my last refresh looked mint). A spacer/oil pan is not going to lead to any performance increases, should be legal IMO.

To me, adding a common part like an Oil Pan spacer/Pan is the same as adding an Oil Cooler, i.e., just part of preparing a street car for racing.

But I am not the rules Guru...so this is just and opinion