WOW....Again poor SpeedcastTv coverage of Group F!

Rob S.

Hey guys, let me interject a bit.

First off, for those who don't know, I'm Jeremy, the pit reporter for SpeedcastTV.com & series announcer for the Midwest & Great Lakes regions. On the basis of CMC/FFR/Spec Z, yes we were told to focus on Spec Z, but also gave interviews to Chris Ferraro & John George. Plus, the last quarter of the race was focused on the Kaiser/Wellinghoff battle for P2. Also, I tried to give a behind the scenes look of the Championshipson twitter (@jscottonrfr) to my followers. Hope you enjoyed some of the insight I tried to give & it was great seeing you guys again this year. Onto Miller next year & back to prep for this weekend's broadcast from Autobahn!

Now I'll ruin my positive comments to say that I think the commentators have beaten the Chris Cobetto, Jonathan Meris and Dean Martin drum long enough.

Oh I missed it. Did they mention me? I was too busy building a racecar throughout the entire week! First time on track was the championship race-not a way to race at the national championships

I'll make you guys a deal: SpeedcastTV provides the video for the TT sessions, and I'll do the announcing. I guarantee that there won't be a dull moment. Hell, I'll make it sound like there is wheel-to-wheel action going on, even though we all know that TT is about avoiding passing as much as possible.

Mark

Now I'll ruin my positive comments to say that I think the commentators have beaten the Chris Cobetto, Jonathan Meris and Dean Martin drum long enough.

Oh I missed it. Did they mention me? I was too busy building a racecar throughout the entire week! First time on track was the championship race-not a way to race at the national championships

Actually I was wrong to drag you into this Jonathan. I mean to say Ryan Ellis.

In 2011, they did a long winded pit interview with him about his green machine during the championship race. Should have been shown between races - not in the middle of the race.

I really appreciate what speedcast did but it would be nice if they got facts correct while talking about the racers. For example, they kept saying how my husband qualified 2nd on Friday and 1st on Thursday but he actually finished both qualifying races in 1st place and had 200 points. His 'qualifying' for the qualify race was 2nd place so I'm thinking they had the wrong sheets or were looking in the wrong place.

I think if too many people complain too much, they'll take it away so that there will be nothing to complain about.

Was Group F time trials? Not to disrespect, but wouldn't wheel-to-wheel battling for position make for better commentary/TV?

hopefully all of this is being taken as constructive feedback.

This was my first year watching any of the Speedcast stuff and overall it was pretty cool. A couple small tweaks and it'll be awesome

I think if too many people complain too much, they'll take it away so that there will be nothing to complain about.

Was Group F time trials? Not to disrespect, but wouldn't wheel-to-wheel battling for position make for better commentary/TV?

Again....I'll reiterate for the people that obviously haven't read my original post....this thread is NOT about whether TT is as exciting as the race groups to watch in person or on a live feed. It is about the promise made to the Time Trial participants that the SpeedCast coverage of our sessions at the 2012 Championships would be better than last yr.

John Lindsey's post on pg1 and Jeremy Croiset's post on pg2 - http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=47313&hilit=coverage+group+Championships&start=10

The lack of response from the NASA officals in charge of the coverage is a good indication of the importance of the promises made to the Time Trialers last yr.

Please lock this thread so it doesn't turn into a SpeedCast/announcer complaint thread. I think SpeedCast and the announcers did a great job.

Again....I'll reiterate for the people that obviously haven't read my original post....this thread is NOT about whether TT is as exciting as the race groups to watch in person or on a live feed. It is about the promise made to the Time Trial participants that the SpeedCast coverage of our sessions at the 2012 Championships would be better than last yr.

John Lindsey's post on pg1 and Jeremy Croiset's post on pg2 - http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=47313&hilit=coverage+group+Championships&start=10

The lack of response from the NASA officals in charge of the coverage is a good indication of the importance of the promises made to the Time Trialers last yr.

Please lock this thread so it doesn't turn into a SpeedCast/announcer complaint thread. I think SpeedCast and the announcers did a great job.

Zero coverage for Group F on Sunday, which included the best session of the event. And zero mention of specific sponsors for any vehicle during the covered session on Sat. Could account for the dropping TT car counts at the Championships. Very disappointing after all the promises!

Besides mentioning sponsors, what are some suggestions that can make the coverage better?

Zero coverage for Group F on Sunday, which included the best session of the event. And zero mention of specific sponsors for any vehicle during the covered session on Sat. Could account for the dropping TT car counts at the Championships. Very disappointing after all the promises!

Besides mentioning sponsors, what are some suggestions that can make the coverage better?

Actually covering the sessions would make coverage better! Sorry....couldn't resist.