ecpreston

So who's running Legends now in MA or SE region?

ecpreston

Admittedly I haven't been to the track in a while, but are many people still racing Legends cars with NASA on the east coast? if it does class in PTC, it appears there are 3 people who have run at all this year in that class.

ecpreston

Well I guess that answers that question!

Who's up for putting this car on some decent tires and reviving the class?

hufflepuff

A bunch of guys run legends/thunder roadster in SE. I'd like to in MA after a year or two of time trials.

swilson

I just acquired a Legends Car and it is currently being configured/setup for road racing. Targeting the first event at Barber Motorsports Park Feb. 15 and 16 2014.

I do have a few questions:

Sounds like we can run 205/60/13 Hoosier R6 tires?

AiM Dash allowed for NASA (non INEX) events?

I am installing a 2.93 rear gear and a new set of carbs for road racing. I purchased the car from a guy that had only used it for circle track.

Hope to see everyone at Barber in Feb.

Stan Wilson #92

TowDawg

I don't know if you get lumped in with the rest of us in TR's, or if Legends are in another class.

As for tires, I know we (TR's) have to run the series spec Hoosiers, no R6's.

Darrel
I don't know if you get lumped in with the rest of us in TR's, or if Legends are in another class.

As for tires, I know we (TR's) have to run the series spec Hoosiers, no R6's.

Legends run a seperate class from the TR's but will run in the same race group.

swilson

Thanks for the additional information, guys!

Darrel, any additional information about tires and AiM sports dash systems? I know the Hoosier R6 205/60/13 and the AiM Dash are not legal for INEX round track events, but I plan on doing most all of my events with NASA and would like to bring the best tires I can run on to Barber in February. Additionally, the car I purchased does not have a single gauge in it. Nothing at all. I am installing my AiM Dash for road racing events in order to have lap times, RPM, gear indicator, temp, oil press, etc. I just don't want to show up and be told I need to remove it all prior to taking to the track.

Thanks!!

Stan Wilson #92

DriverGT5

You can run any dash unrestricted for race groups. The only issues are lap timers for DE cars.

As far as tires, run anything you want. Carl Eckart or Ray Scott would have some experience with modified Legends cars but there are two things to consider.

1: You can run in "Legends" illegally and if no one protests you for the wrong tires who cares

2: You could always run the car as a PT car and it's the same difference.

The only issue would be if you had several guys in Legends cars and wanted to run under the INEX rules, but by yourself I say do what ever and come have fun.

Carl ran a 190hp Legends car for an event or two and just entered as a STR3 car or some similar "catch all" class. That's the great thing about NASA, there's a class for just about every car you can bring.

kbrew8991

Legends in PTC are supposed to abide by INEX rules, modified from that they can run in now ST3 would be the next class up the ladder.

I think you'll find most NASA racers and regions to be reasonably flexible and will find a way to accomidate however you wish to run the car (ie find a class and group that you fit).

mcmmotorsports

BUMP

juliancates
BUMP

Would you actually do double duty between roundy-round and NASA? I always thought the Legends cars were pretty cool.

mcmmotorsports

It could be possible.

Ev

There use to be a number of Legends cars in NASA MA, but for some reason they went poof. I saw one 2-3 years ago. His only purpose was to race out of class generally messing up peoples competition. What a jerk