• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kbrew8991

• ILIKETODRIVE

• brkntrxn

• cucamelsmd15

I am starting to shop for a Miata. So just leave PTE alone so I can build ANOTHER car.

I didn't know you were leaving your wife and moving to Tasmania

Fixed

dc8bb189.jpg

I am starting to shop for a Miata. So just leave PTE alone so I can build ANOTHER car.

I didn't know you were leaving your wife and moving to Tasmania

Fixed

dc8bb189.jpg

Is that a map of all the bath houses?

no it's just a track map for that miata

"right here, you are 100% throttle...and right here, you are still 100% throttle. On this straight, you can pull out this copy of War and Peace and read it, etc"

btw I am not knocking miata's, I have driven an LS6 powered one and a Lexus V8 powered one, they are great with some hp

no it's just a track map for that miata

"right here, you are 100% throttle...and right here, you are still 100% throttle. On this straight, you can pull out this copy of War and Peace and read it, etc"

btw I am not knocking miata's, I have driven an LS6 powered one and a Lexus V8 powered one, they are great with some hp

Can we give a New Camaro a fighting chance against a Corvette in TTA or TTB?

Ralph,

No offense, but you have 31pts and a ton of free mods to get it done.

See Jason's #2 comment to really know how I feel about it.

-Kevin

Kevin,

None taken, still trying to understand and learn. But I do not understand where you got 31 points. Camaro is TTB*, So I read it as 19 points plus 7 addition. Total of 26 pts. I do not understand how a 2012 can be classified TTB** when it has a more advanced suspension than than the 2010-2011 Camaro's.

On a side note I thought 19 points was the max and if over I would be placed in TTA. But I see now that the * means 7 additional points available. That helps!

Thanks for the help and guidance to a potential New TT. Might be competitive at CMP but not at VIR...

Ralph,

Your car is a TTB*, which is TTB class and starting with 7 pts. That gives you 12 more points before you go above 19 and get pushed to TTA. Once you go to TTA, you have another 19 pts before you get pushed to TTS. So, if you want to compete with the C5Z06s, you have 31 total points to play with. You should always strive to be an 18 or 19 pt car in whichever class you run. Anything less and you are leaving modifications/speed/time on the table.

Ralph,

Your car is a TTB*, which is TTB class and starting with 7 pts. That gives you 12 more points before you go above 19 and get pushed to TTA. Once you go to TTA, you have another 19 pts before you get pushed to TTS. So, if you want to compete with the C5Z06s, you have 31 total points to play with. You should always strive to be an 18 or 19 pt car in whichever class you run. Anything less and you are leaving modifications/speed/time on the table.

Kevin, Thanks for the clarification....

Get rid of multipliers for TTA-TTF. IE sedan vs coupe, FWD, etc. Should already be considered in base classification and makes it a pain to calculate max weight/hp for each car.

Change max weight/hp caps to consider torque.

Allow Brewer to get points back for running staggered tire sizes.

Allow Brewer to get points back for running staggered tire sizes.

and just me damnit!

endlinks would be nice - I thought we had even worked up a good rules wording for the 2012 version of this thread that would be easy to copy, paste, and publish even...

Ralph,

Don't you mean 32? Bottom of TTB to maxed out in TTA = 39. Subtract the * (7) = 32.

Don't you mean 32? Bottom of TTB to maxed out in TTA = 39. Subtract the * (7) = 32.

No, I don't think so. The bottom of TTB to max of TTB is 19 pts. The bottom of TTA to max of TTA is 19 pts. 19+19=38. 38-7=31

Right?

No, I don't think so. The bottom of TTB to max of TTB is 19 pts. The bottom of TTA to max of TTA is 19 pts. 19+19=38. 38-7=31

Right?

Okay, Now I am confused again..... What are my max points allowed in TTB or TTA knowing tha the 2011 Camaro base class is TTB*?

If we subtract point from the total base classificiation then this makes a little sence to me. Now the 2012 Camaro with a better stock suspension is classed at TTB**, which subtracts 14 points and nets out at plus 5 points. 2011 Camaro has plus 12 points.

Update.....

Okay I think I got it!

TTB*:19-7=12 additional points

Bump to TTA: 39-7=32 additional points

Edited by Guest

Which one of us, Ken? The 20th point puts you at TTA with 0 points or TTA with 1 point? I have never had to contemplate that and unsure of how it works.

I'm right.

19 puts you top of TTB (7 + 12). 20th point would move you into TTA, essentially starting fresh. Another 19 points would be your cap.

7 + 12 + 19 + that 1 extra point that put you in A = 39

19pts to stay in base class, 20th point bumps you

39pts to stay in the next higher class, 40th point bumps you

I would recommend looking at the two situations differently as it's less confusing that's how I do it.

Which one of us, Ken? The 20th point puts you at TTA with 0 points or TTA with 1 point? I have never had to contemplate that and unsure of how it works.

I'm right.

19 puts you top of TTB (7 + 12). 20th point would move you into TTA, essentially starting fresh. Another 19 points would be your cap.

7 + 12 + 19 + that 1 extra point that put you in A = 39

Thanks, and sorry for the disagreement. As a PTA/TTA guy, that 20th point is looked at as taboo! So I have always stayed away from it and did not think through being the next class as a TTx with 0pts.

Good discussion.

Sorry, but torque is a completely irrelevant metric when discussing cars/engines that have different rpm ranges. If all TT cars had the same motor, then sure, we could make an equation to consider torque. But we don't.

I agree that it would be nice to have a metric that evaluated the shape/fatness of the power curve, but there simply is not an easy way to do that.

Sorry, but torque is a completely irrelevant metric when discussing cars/engines that have different rpm ranges. If all TT cars had the same motor, then sure, we could make an equation to consider torque. But we don't.

I agree that it would be nice to have a metric that evaluated the shape/fatness of the power curve, but there simply is not an easy way to do that.

As a Honda guy, I would welcome such a change...as long as it went both ways. I'll go get a B16B (aka The Torqueless Wonder) and use that instead of my current setup. I could make 200whp EASY and barely touch 120wtq lol.

As a Honda guy, I would welcome such a change...as long as it went both ways. I'll go get a B16B (aka The Torqueless Wonder) and use that instead of my current setup. I could make 200whp EASY and barely touch 120wtq lol.

Absolutely...spin it to win it!

Absolutely...spin it to win it!

LOL

I don't like how a 205mm Hoosier R6 takes 3 fewer points than a 225 NT-01 in the current rule set, it's illogical. I know the answer is to buy $1000 of tires every other weekend, but I don't have that kind of scratch.