• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kbrew8991

• ILIKETODRIVE

• brkntrxn

• cucamelsmd15

SM6 = R6, but cheaper

troof

Also, a 205 Hoosier is basically as wide as a 225 NT-01 mounted on an 8" wheel. (ask me how I know )

So is an R888...

2012-02-15_16-29-16_408.jpg

Nitto NT01 vs Toyo Proxes R888

The top tire is a toasted 225/45/15 NT01.

The bottom tire is a new 205/50/15 R888.

I knew the NT01 ran small, but this is ridiculous...

SM6 = R6, but cheaper

troof

Also, a 205 Hoosier is basically as wide as a 225 NT-01 mounted on an 8" wheel. (ask me how I know )

How does it look or fit on a 9" wheel?

How does it look or fit on a 9" wheel?

Haven't mounted a 205 Hoosier on a 9" but a 225 NT-01 mounted on a 9" is a taaaaad streched.

I've seen a few guys running 205 SM6s on 15x9s this year. Didn't look like it was fun to mount for the tire guy, but it wasn't anywhere close to unsafe ricer stretched. I would run it.

I dunno whether I shoudl bother trying to be serious but what about swaybar endlinks for 1point?

I like that. Adds another option for cars that don't necessarily want to change the bars but have durability problems with endlinks, and it is progressive to the existing 2 point modification.

that could work, I'll make a note to include it in my yearly RCR email

there are sooooo few 1pt mods out there, good to have a couple options when you end up at +18...

I guess I could vote in support of swaybar endlinks being a free mod.

a) The endlinks have a pretty small impact on the overall swaybar stiffness for most cars

b) So many people complain about reliability issues with stock links breaking...

I guess I could vote in support of swaybar endlinks being a free mod.

a) The endlinks have a pretty small impact on the overall swaybar stiffness for most cars

b) So many people complain about reliability issues with stock links breaking...

Me too.

• 2 weeks later...

As long as it's a "pie in the sky" thread, how about free brake calipers? Maybe you have to keep rotors the same size as stock for it to stay a no-points mod? I'm just tired of tapered pads and was hoping to get a little more life out of them. Just spitballin' here.

Another vote for end links.

Upgraded brake PADS used to cost points. Good luck on free calipers

SRSLY

If street tires go back to 0 points I could get reclassed TTE*/PTE* (instead of TTE/PTE) and run shaved 225 Hankook RS3s! They hold up for sprint races!

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't seen the new rules posted yet, so I guess this thread is still semi-alive.

I'd like to see all of this removed.

2) Add front lower stress/arm brace (two attachment points maximum) +1

3) Add a third or fourth attachment point to a front or rear strut tower bar (or replace an

existing/BTM three point bar) +1 (Additional attachment points must not be tied to any

other type of mounting point with anything other than sheet metal)

4) Add or modify other chassis stiffening devices or fabricated parts (such as lower strut braces

or lower arm braces (with greater than two attachment points), subframe connectors,

subframe braces, subframe mounts/bushings, etc) +3

If a full cage is allowed for zero points, it seems silly to not also allow chassis stiffening for the guys bringing out their street cars. I know the allowance of a cage is to promote the safety aspect, but it's still a performance advantage. At 3 points, I have trouble believing chassis stiffening makes as big of a difference as switching from an R6 to an A6, so all I see this rule doing is making the TT rulebook even more annoying for the casual enthusiasts who want to bring out their street toy.

If a full cage is allowed for zero points, it seems silly to not also allow chassis stiffening for the guys bringing out their street cars. I know the allowance of a cage is to promote the safety aspect, but it's still a performance advantage.

That could be argued either way since adding 120lbs of steel up high raises the CG.

120lb tunnel plate > 120lb roll cage.

And that argument could go either way depending on the car. For a high-end performance car like your vette, yeah, the weight would probably be more of a disadvantage than the stiffening. For a flimsy 23 year old hairdresser's car with 160k miles... I can't wait to get a cage in my miata this winter. I've driven caged SMs and I've driven my car (no cage) with 100lb of ballast bolted to the pass. floorboard. I'll glady take the weight up high. This is my point... the current rule requires some cars to take points for something that other cars can get for free.

• 1 month later...