fiveo

WGI and Thunderbolt Enduro?

fiveo

Just curious why NASA northeast is deciding not to host some season-ending enduros at these events.

speedracer33
Just curious why NASA northeast is deciding not to host some season-ending enduros at these events.

I'll go out on a limb and guess it's because adding an enduro means taking track time away from everybody else. When you are trying to balance 2 race groups and 4 school groups, it's not easy to throw an extra 1 hour + session into the schedule and keep everybody happy.

fiveo

Granted, but enduros aren't new. SE division hosts an 8 hour enduro at Road Atlanta to cap off their year in December and they run a full race weekend with HPDE's and everything in between.

Can some officials chime in on this? I know there has been some buzz about there being one at Thunderbolt at the end of October and people have expressed interest in running it. Like a Sunday afternoon deal.

magnetic1

Maybe, just maybe because last year, only like 8 people raced and were scared of the rain at NJMP.

fiveo

I wasn't there last year so I hear you. But rain? Really? I ran the SCCA 13 hour last year and there was 60+ cars that started in a rain soaked race. I can't bring myself to believe that NASA drivers are more scared of rain than SCCA drivers. Plus it might not rain........

Anyway, if its a logistical thing I get it. If its a participation issue, you'll never find out how many people would sign up unless NASA NE made it available on the schedule.

vicktorvolpe

I would think we could get quite a few cars for an enduro at the end of the year. Especially since this year the 944 boys won't be saving their cars for the season championship.

I for sure would do it with my car. Joey G would be in to defend his NASANE enduro championship. Tony S would probably be in.

fcelenza

I would love to run an enduro again at NJMP on that weekend.

vicktorvolpe

It's a great chance to run an enduro....last event of the year. If we run a shortish enduro during the day (3 hours or so) no one needs specialized equipment....just a few gas cans. Don't even need crew....drivers can fuel and fire bottle for a couple of stops.

Didn't one driver go to the gas pump last year?

fcelenza

90 or 120 min is fine with me. Could go solo. I don't need three hours and a co driver.

fiveo

Well I guess we'll wait for the officers to chime in after they get back from the Glen. I'm a MA guy so you NE guys that know the officers might want to get in touch with them about this.

bcasella
Well I guess we'll wait for the officers to chime in after they get back from the Glen. I'm a MA guy so you NE guys that know the officers might want to get in touch with them about this.

Well we were trying to get both configurations for the weekend but it looks like that will not be happening. Track time is difficult to find during a weekend in the Northeast we have a much stronger showing from our HPDE drivers than other regions. Plus with the poor showing in last years enduro at this event we will not be having one this year.

BUT next year we are looking to make a three or four race series on the Race only weekends that we will hopefully be having in 2013

fiveo

Thanks for the reply Brian and for trying to make it happen. Look forward to running some enduros with NE next year.