SE5spd

New to SoCal and NASA

SE5spd

Just saying hello. I've been doing HPDE since July 2011, currently in the upper class - passing anywhere on track, one step before the highest group. I guess it'd be "HPDE3 or 4?" just moved to SoCal (west LA) last month, already was able to hit up WSIR and buttonwillow! Both great tracks. Currently doing HPDE in my 350z with basic stuff done to it. Been looking to get into a E30 or Miata lately but haven't decided, may eventually get into SPECZ racing!

Just saying hello and hoping to see some of you at events, also looking to get into TT racing and possibly getting my comp license, any tips on how to go about it?

terrasmak

Same car, little more experience, looking forward to running some NASA events in 2013, run some TT the PT.

FOOSHE

I would talk with Jeremy Croiset.

Red_5
Just saying hello. I've been doing HPDE since July 2011, currently in the upper class - passing anywhere on track, one step before the highest group. I guess it'd be "HPDE3 or 4?" just moved to SoCal (west LA) last month, already was able to hit up WSIR and buttonwillow! Both great tracks. Currently doing HPDE in my 350z with basic stuff done to it. Been looking to get into a E30 or Miata lately but haven't decided, may eventually get into SPECZ racing!

Just saying hello and hoping to see some of you at events, also looking to get into TT racing and possibly getting my comp license, any tips on how to go about it?

I'm going to vote that you buy a Miata and come race in PTE. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me through here or Trackhq.com. We have a great PTE field in SoCal this year and it's only getting better.

ELO168

Get a Honda and do the Honda challenge:))

ILIKETODRIVE
I'm going to vote that you buy a Miata and come race in PTE.

This. And come to AZ and get in on the fun!

Karen Salvaggio

Welcome to So Cal!

I'm gonna vote that regardless of what you buy/build, you also come out and run the enduros with us!

Karen

FOOSHE

Ok, I am going to trunmp everyone and say come join Spec E30. Why? We have some of the closest racing in SoCal and we consistantly have fields of 12-14 or more. This is a series that has nothing but a bunch of guys who love racing and the friendships they build from it. For the most part, we all pit together. Those who don't end up down in the compound where most of the cars gather when not seeking some quite time.

To give you an idea of how this group gets along: 1 racers was competing for the points championship and had an incident that took out 2 tires and rims at the final race. Another competitor who was in a battle for 3rd gave him his wheels and tires to run on and used a more used set of tires so the other guy could do his best to get the title. Another situation was when a racer had some unfortunate contact that bent quite a few things was going to have to pack it up as he had no spares and a lot of work to do to repair the car. 5 of our racers jumped on the car and not only got the body parts back in place, they all donated parts to make the repairs so he was on the grid the next day. One guy took parts off the car he drove up to get him on grid and just put them back on once the last race was done.

The guys like each other, do things together and hang out after races sharing whatever they can to make other racers faster or more confident. We are growing at a nice slow pace and he guys keep coming back. The best part is NOBODY in the series puts up with childish crap. We don't use each other as guard rails and we give just enough racing room. Don't get me wrong, they will all race you into any corner and race you hard, but they will race you clean.

And I will Second Karen's post....the enduros are a great! I highly recommend them.

Just my .02