Evolution of the FOX...

marshallmosty

Here are some progress pics of my altered wheelbase car. It's funny, I was already rebuilding the front suspension and stretching track width over the off season, but Marshall inspired me to move the wheelbase as well...

000_0002-1_zps1864cb0e.jpg

000_0004-1_zps95dff8ee.jpg

000_0005-1_zps17dc80f2.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• marshallmosty

• UBR

• T&A Racing

• wstukas

This is what I like about AI. Freedom, creativity, and good old back yard engineering.

Although I would think having the wheels more towards the corners would be the better option, ie fronts as far fwd and outward and rears back and out. Seems to me the 50/50 weight thing is over rated. But a cool project none the less.

I did a little back yard engineering of my own over the winter, to move the front wheels fwd on a stock style A arm/spring/shock setup I cut off the ends of the A arms were the balljoint is and swapped sides and rewelded them on. The BJ are offset rearward in the end of the Aarm, swapping sides puts the offset fwd. Isnt a huge deal but didnt take to long and didnt cost anything.

before/after

camber - same / same

caster - +5 / +7.5

toe - same /same

wheel base - 101" / 102"

track width - same / same

ackerman - +2 deg / +6 deg. (before at full lock outside tire 24deg/inside 26 and aft 24 inside/30 out)