bcasella

NJMP Thunderbolt Last Round in 2012

bcasella

Same format as past three day events this year, Friday Test and Tune, Saturday/Sunday HPDE Sessions and Sprint Races.

Register Here : http://nasaproracing.com/event/1517

Camping is allowed

Fun Race on Friday for experienced drivers.

Drivers List

SU Matthew Gaetano

SU Scott Mohr

SU Jake Parrott

ST-1 Ziggy Miejski

ST-1 Paul Plemenos

ST-2 Jeff Ricca

ST-2 Michael Fuchswanz

ST-2 Marc Fuchswanz

ST-2 George Winkler

AIX Vincent Allegretta

AI Albert Watson

AI John Pattman

AI AJ Hartman

AI Raphael S Prato Jr

GTSU Jonathan Glashow

GTS5 Joseph Catapano

GTS4 Timur Terpis

GTS4 Michael Yaskin

GTS4 Bob Ball

GTS3 Ariel Jurmann

GTS3 Ronald Cohen

GTS3 Luiz Serva

GTS3 Jason Judd

GTS3 Michael Gershanok

GTS3 John Dunn

GTS3 Jamie Melhuish

GTS3 Paul Sedacca

GTS3 Hugh Stewart

GTS3 Rick Goryeb

GTS3 Gabe Pettner

GTS3 Cecil Ramotar

GTS3 Mathieu Lussier

GTS2 Gerald Cohen

GTS2 Blake Caplan

GTS2 Jim Khoury

GTS2 Joe Fuchs

GTS1 Scott Smith

HC2 Jonathan Baker

HC2 Michael Fries

HC2 Matt Espinoza

PTC Michael Sousa

PTD Ruth Wolf

PTD Gideon Lenkey

PTE Brion Martin

Spec E30 James Wilby

Spec E30 Andrea Cairone

Spec E30 Edward Phillips

Spec E30 Ed Cangialosi

Spec E30 Jeff Caldwell

Spec E30 Sean Curran

Spec E30 Peter Thibault

Spec Miata Jim Roberts

Spec Miata Tony Senese

Spec Miata Paul Redante

Spec Miata Gary Shenk

Spec Miata Richard Hoyer

Spec Miata Steven Bessett

Spec Miata AJ Gillum

Spec Miata Vicktor Volpe

944 Spec Martin Okun

Time Trials

TTA Gabe Pettner

TTB Timothy Brownawell

TTB Luke Pardi

TTB Andrew Carlson

TTC Michael Sousa

TTC Brian Casella

TTD Daniel Kuhn

TTD Ed Cangialosi

TTD Oleg Pudeyev

TTD Marc Cantor

TTD Robert Blough

TTD Gideon Lenkey

TTD Mark Saladino

TTE Evan York

TTR Emmet Murphy

TTS John Robbins

TTS Thai Diep

TTS Bernie Hover

TTS Peter McIntosh II

TTS Michael Fuchswanz

TTS Jeff Ricca

TTS Hugh Stewart

TTS Marc Fuchswanz

TTS Jon Kellner

TTU Michal Stach

TTU Alan Cohen

TTU Jonathan Glashow

troyguitar

Do you guys run the chicanes in turns 2 or 3?

I'm on the fence right now, but leaning toward going for Saturday and Sunday.

rokkit

Anyone jumping into TTC?

pcdrj

Which TT class does a '90 Spec Miata fit into? I'm thinking TTD. Is this correct?

bcasella
Anyone jumping into TTC?

Maybe

AJElise
Which TT class does a '90 Spec Miata fit into? I'm thinking TTD. Is this correct?

A 1.6L Spec Miata would be in TTE with some points to spare....Even a 99 Spec Miata should be in TTE I believe (without restrictor) but I have not checked the points on that this year.

If you'll be at the event, be sure to look up/paddock with the Spec Miata guys, we have a ball and will give you any pointers we can.

Spartacus913
Anyone jumping into TTC?

That would be nice. The class is non-existent this year. I'd join in if more cars show.

Al

1996 BMW M3

Dyonker

Dudes......

I have a 1.8L Miata that I ran with SCCA in SSM. It looks to me as though I'd have to run that in the SM group in NASA, no? Any advice on this? Who is the local NASA SM/SSM guru?

Hoping to run Halloween at NJMP. thanks

troyguitar

I'm now 90% sure I'll be showing up for Saturday and Sunday in TTD again.

Does anyone know about the chicanes at turns 2 or 3? More turns might motivate me to think about some handling upgrades sooner than later.

rokkit

Supersized to TTC... It's about to get real!

pcdrj

A 1.6L Spec Miata would be in TTE with some points to spare....Even a 99 Spec Miata should be in TTE I believe (without restrictor) but I have not checked the points on that this year.

If you'll be at the event, be sure to look up/paddock with the Spec Miata guys, we have a ball and will give you any pointers we can.

Aj,

Randy ran TTD at the Glen but he has a '99 so I wasn't sure if '90 would be the same class.

Paul

tonysenese

SCCA SSM will run with SM, NASA tried to do a version of SSM a couple years ago but it just was not popular in the northeast. It was most popular in the Washington DC region but it is not anymore.

s1mpsons

If it's TT competition you crave, cars in TTF-TTB can always bump up to a faster class. I've seen it many times when there is competition in a faster class. The bumping car in such an instance can run with less weight or bigger tires (among other allowances) to make up for the bumping to a faster class. For example, a TTC car that has 100lbs of ballast can shed the weight if they bump to TTB. There are TTB drivers register for Thunderbolt, so bumping might make the weekend TT competition more interesting. If the bumping car makes physical change from their TTC trim to TTB trim, the bumping need only to provide a revised classification form for the car. If we can get more TTC guys to run, that would be ideal.

For more information on TT competition, classifications, results, season points and track records check out: http://www.nasa-tt.com//Northeast

rokkit
If it's TT competition you crave, cars in TTF-TTB can always bump up to a faster class. I've seen it many times when there is competition in a faster class. The bumping car in such an instance can run with less weight or bigger tires (among other allowances) to make up for the bumping to a faster class. For example, a TTC car that has 100lbs of ballast can shed the weight if they bump to TTB. There are TTB drivers register for Thunderbolt, so bumping might make the weekend TT competition more interesting. If the bumping car makes physical change from their TTC trim to TTB trim, the bumping need only to provide a revised classification form for the car. If we can get more TTC guys to run, that would be ideal.

For more information on TT competition, classifications, results, season points and track records check out: http://www.nasa-tt.com//Northeast

No way I could drop enough weight to even come close to B, sorry man

aaronsti

so are we running the chicane? please please please

rokkit

I personally prefer no Chicane... You don't like leaving your foot planted for T3?

petemac

We already ran Chicane earlier this year. Lets run without it so we can go after some lap records...

PThibault

I thought that the Fall event always runs without the chicane, and the spring events run with.

Lets pray for some warm weather unlike last year!

I would love to eliminate sunday practice for a 45 min race, like how it was at the Glen this year.

Peter Thibault

aaronsti

I personally prefer no Chicane... You don't like leaving your foot planted for T3?

i catch a lot of people thru the chicane which is nice and i set myself a time i want to hit with the chicane so without it i can't tell if i got faster and acheive the time.

GI8U2racing
We already ran Chicane earlier this year. Lets run without it so we can go after some lap records...

Agreed

Mike Miller

Shouldn't the lap records be tracked with and without chicane? I would imagine so. How hard can it be?

GI8U2racing
Shouldn't the lap records be tracked with and without chicane? I would imagine so. How hard can it be?
They are: http://nasa.azpinstalls.com/Home/track-records

Some of us want a shot at the track record for the Thunderbolt configuration without the chicane

petemac
They are: http://nasa.azpinstalls.com/Home/track-records

Some of us want a shot at the track record for the Thunderbolt configuration without the chicane

Exactly! My car has had bad luck at the Tbolt non chicane track 3 years in a row. I ran a faster lap time with the chicane then the current non chicane record... I would like to change that.

Paisan

Each configuration is considered a different track for track record purposes.

-mike