TT3 - Is anyone planning on it?

sperkins

I have yet to figure out who this class was built for and no one has been able to answer that question in the many times that I have asked it.

Since (per management) TTA participation numbers are so low across the nation, I'm wondering who's going to run in this new class.

Who is considering it?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Varkwso

• sperkins

• drivinhardz06

• Cobra4B

New blood is what I want to know about...

Exactly. NASA killed 2 classes with the promise that folks from outside of those 2 classes would come out to play. I have yet to hear of one person that is considering it.

It looks to me like all NASA has done is make TTA/PTA a spending war between the folks who were already running there.

Will hoosier still have contingency for that class on the regional level even though it won't be a class at the nationals?

It will be a class at nationals.

Greg's post seemed to imply it wouldn't? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=66268

10) Allow (only) regional competition in TT3 in 2013 using either the new ST3 style rules, or the 2013 points based rules. Competition at the Championships will only be using the ST3 paradigm.

(Note: This only applies to Time Trial, not to ST3)

Or is this really saying TT3 at Nationals must follow ST3 rules verus PT/TT-style points?

Also, where to STRx cars fall in to TT? TTU?

Greg's post seemed to imply it wouldn't? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=66268

10) Allow (only) regional competition in TT3 in 2013 using either the new ST3 style rules, or the 2013 points based rules. Competition at the Championships will only be using the ST3 paradigm.

(Note: This only applies to Time Trial, not to ST3)

Or is this really saying TT3 at Nationals must follow ST3 rules verus PT/TT-style points?

Also, where to STRx cars fall in to TT? TTU?

Regional is the only place points will be allowed...

I never understood that. Are you saying that the old style TTA will still be around next year as well as TT3?

I will run it by default, it's the new class. Non aero 9:1 class looks fun.

New rules are what they are, now don't touch them. You will see a LOT of pissed off people if we are back here a year from now.

I'm game

I'd love it if the TT3 thing actually brings in new people, but I am pessimistic. But, if anything has a shot this is it as there is equal treatment for all cars and the rules seem like they will be easy to understand. I am still curious to see how the OEM aero and the aero rules are fleshed out (hood vents/fender vents/non-OEM bumpers lacking a splitter or canards/etc).

• National Staff

I never understood that. Are you saying that the old style TTA will still be around next year as well as TT3?

"Old style" TTA (based on Base class and points) will be available in regional competition in 2013 within TT3, but at the Championships, only Adjusted Wt/Hp based classing will be legal. This will give the TTA drivers in the two or three regions that actually have TTA cars (other than C5's because of the change in base classing to TT123) a chance to upgrade their cars before the Championships, instead of force then to upgrade by December. The racers generally have a much easier time with a three month transition period, and most of those are C5's, and they are moving on to Dyno classing regardless.

"Old style" TTA (based on Base class and points) will be available in regional competition in 2013 within TT3, but at the Championships, only Adjusted Wt/Hp based classing will be legal. This will give the TTA drivers in the two or three regions that actually have TTA cars (other than C5's because of the change in base classing to TT123) a chance to upgrade their cars before the Championships, instead of force then to upgrade by December. The racers generally have a much easier time with a three month transition period, and most of those are C5's, and they are moving on to Dyno classing regardless.

So TTA, regionally in 2013, is only available to non-C5 cars?

• National Staff

So TTA, regionally in 2013, is only available to non-C5 cars?

No, TTA does not exist in 2013. However, we are allowing any car that does not get bumped to TT123 Base classing in 2013 to run in TT3 using Base classing and points on a regional basis. It is just a transition period allowance, mostly for the Texas and Arizona guys (but available to all). So, they will run side by side with cars using Adjusted Wt/Hp based classing in TT3. At the Championships, all TT3 cars will be using the ST3 based rules.

We know that the C5 is one of the cars moving to TT123 in '13, so we wanted to put that information out as soon as possible. I don't know if there will be any others in '13, but if there are, they will be announced over the next month as we get the PT and TT Rules published. In '14, there will be a lot of cars with current base classes from TTB* to TTA* that will move to TT123. There probably won't be many in TTB*, and there probably won't be any left in TTA or TTA* in '14, but those decisions have not been made yet.

Not mine but locally I know of a Civic that will be a pretty decent fit in TT3. When the build is done, it will be around 9.36:1 unadjusted and should be 10.26:1 adjusted. After some testing and having fun with the new setup, it will get supercharged and be right at 9.5:1 adjusted.

So Jeff IS correct to say that the old style TTA rule set will only apply to non-C5's in 2013 because the C5 will no longer have a points based base class.

I am planning to run TT3 by default. I was building to TTA but since I have no money it is easy to add weight and run TT3 without changing anything else. I will see how the car does next year and decide to stay or do something else.

I'm new to TT-A and will probably give TT3 a go. I've not followed the PT rules previously, but building for TT3/PT3 sounds interesting. I'm curious also to see how PT3 will line up with GTS3.

I'm new to TT-A and will probably give TT3 a go. I've not followed the PT rules previously, but building for TT3/PT3 sounds interesting. I'm curious also to see how PT3 will line up with GTS3.

TT3/ST3. What is hp/Wt of GTS3 and does it have a spec tire?

TT3/ST3. What is hp/Wt of GTS3 and does it have a spec tire?

I just looked it up. GTS3 is HP/weight based and is 11:1 ratio unless you run full slicks. GTS4 is 8.5:1.

New blood is what I want to know about...

Exactly. NASA killed 2 classes with the promise that folks from outside of those 2 classes would come out to play. I have yet to hear of one person that is considering it.

It looks to me like all NASA has done is make TTA/PTA a spending war between the folks who were already running there.

My S2000 will slot nicely into it. If I ever get the car done.

I feel this decison ignores the street car time trialer who's car's base class falls near TTA.

I run a 2011 Mustang GT that I still daily drive, the car was very competive this year and I was looking forward to next year, but now I know I am just gonna get killed by old world challenge corvettes and other things that meet the HP/Weight but never would have met points for the class.

The lack of a points system is EXACTLY WHY I DIDNT BUILD A TTS+ CAR IN THE FIRST PLACE.

However a 2011 Mustang GT base classes in TTB and points out with slicks, factory brembo brakes, springs, shocks and a panhard bar (panhard is needed when lowering of course)!!!!!!!!!!! So that's springs and shocks on a factory optioned Brembo car and you are TT3?!?!?!?!?

NASA claim's that the street car guys don’t come out in numbers but there were 5 street cars in TTA this past weekend (out of 7 at Road America) and the top FIVE places in the regional championship were all street cars that shows me its the street car guys who are paying NASA's TTA bill in this region yet "we don't come out in numbers".

What's done is done, but if I show up to events and find myself getting murdered by C5 race cars with huge $ Penske shocks and other crazy money race car parts (plus a good driver) I guess I will need to find a new place to go run my car.......

What's done is done, but if I show up to events and find myself getting murdered by C5 race cars with huge $ Penske shocks and other crazy money race car parts (plus a good driver) I guess I will need to find a new place to go run my car.......

It doesn't take huge $ Penske shocks and other crazy money race car parts for us to murder Mustangs or most anything else for that matter I guess we've already been doing it with our stock engines, stock springs, stock shocks and no aero etc. etc. to the point we've been branded Super-Overdogs.