Non-OEM Aero Rule Solicitation--time to speak up!

Greg G.

Seems like it's more of a penalty to run a small aero part now than before. For example a front splitter was +3 points before, now it's a 0.5 power to weight penalty.

if you go...go big

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cobra4B

• Greg G.

• kbrew8991

• robbodleimages

there are quite a few small things you can do for free due to the carry-over of points-free TT mods, plus a couple new things (like optional parts being free, or replicas thereof for instance)

Not knowing the car OR the part it's tough to say for sure what the easiest route is... but if you don't want to de-tune down to 9.50, or tune up to 8.00... read those sections carefully and see if you can fab something up to fit the "freebie" stuff that's now allowed and run at 9.00 instead.

Seems like it's more of a penalty to run a small aero part now than before. For example a front splitter was +3 points before, now it's a 0.5 power to weight penalty.

In my case I run a front splitter because it's almost impossible to source the factory front bellypan parts, new they're NLA or uber expensive, used they're broken/destroyed/missing critical hardware.

Rather than penalizing for an aero package, can it be broken out into 1 small piece with a smaller penalty? Or something written for parts that essentially replace NLA stock parts that have minimal to no effect?

Then you'll just end up with PT rules.

oh and might as well stock up on the biggest A-compounds you can find, and buy Motons/Penskes/ASTs/or-similar, and... you're in an $T type class now

oh and might as well stock up on the biggest A-compounds you can find, and buy Motons/Penskes/ASTs/or-similar, and... you're in an $T type class now

I've already got my Vinyl guy making $T3 letters