Rules change proposals now being accepted

JSG1901

Every year, GTS competitors have the chance to propose new and/or changed rules for GTS. The process is as follows:

1) Between now and October 31, 2012, GTS competitors may make any rules change proposals they see fit. That can be done here: http://tsdev85xw.teamsol.com/NASA/GTSRulesProposals.nsf/GTSRulesChangeRequest.xsp

2) After the closing date, all GTS Series Directors will discuss the proposed changes, determine those that are appropriate and/or feasible, and post those proposals to the GTS Forum for open discussion through November 25, 2012.

3) At the completion of the open discussion period, the GTS Series Directors will again meet and determine which, if any, proposals will be accepted. The finalized 2013 GTS rules will be posted by December 15, 2012.

As always, thank you for your help in making GTS better for everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

Scott the link wont let me submit my changes. I can open the page fine but when I click "submit" it goes to a page with all your code on it and says I dont have permission to submit.

Form isn't working for me either. I'm getting a page with a bunch of code. Here's my proposed change, and I would be happy to fill out the form if it becomes functional:

Region: Norcal

Rule to be changed: "The following table shall be used to determine each car’s class based on the calculations determined using the above methods."

Proposed Change: I would propose that the GTS4 ratio minimum limits be bumped upward by 0.5. Currently, GTS4 is at 8.5 on DOT tires, and 9.0 on non-DOT, so I'm proposing that it becomes 9.0 on DOT tires, and 9.5 on non-DOT.

Reasoning: With the change in TT classing, there are many German cars that fall above TT-B, and will be slotted into the TT3 category. In TT3, cars are being limited to 9.0 weight limit, or 9.5 with aero. If TT3 is at 9 (or 9.5 with aero) and GTS4 was changed to 9 (9.5 with non-DOT) that gives drivers the maximum number of options on how to run in TT3/GTS4/and the corresponding ST class. Many GTS drivers will have aero, so on DOT tires they wouldn't have to run as much ballast to go from 9 in GTS to 9.5 in TT3. I believe making it as easy as possible (within reason) to allow drivers to compete in multiple classes is best for participation and therefore best for each class.

Proposed wording: No wording needed... just change the GTS4 ratios to 9.0 and 9.5.