johng

HC Group Classing at Infineon

johng

Since the last thread was locked (not quite sure why) I'll start a new one. If it crashes and burns, so be it. But I feel I've raised pretty valid questions and so far, have not been offered any help or answers.

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=5531

NASAJim,

We're talking about the same driver double entering in two classes for more seat time. Not the same car with multiple drivers. When you think about it like this, it is a big deal to have gaps between groups.

Sorry if I ruffled any feathers - that's not my intention. I simply have questions that aren't being addressed.

John

Turfer

This THill schedule would work just fine. If the Infineon schedule came out looking like this, I would double enter both H4 and HPDE4. And run the 1st 3 HPDE4 sessions.

http://www.nasaproracing.com/norcal/events/schedule.htm

It would be nice to have more than 7 or 8 laps before Saturday qualifying. It took me about 25 laps to be on pace at Laguna earlier this year.

Rick

Edit-To correct track callout.

Edited by Guest

jamesracing

I want to add my support for the above mentioned schedule. The TH schedule looks good. I would double enter H4 and HPDE4.

Thank you.

James

Edited by Guest

johng

Actually, the schedule Rick posted looks like the June 25-26 Thunderhill schedule and it looks great. If there's any way the August Infineon schedule could look like that one (specifically the GroupA and HPDE4 groups being spaced apart), I'm sure everyone coming in from other regions would appreciate it very much. Those of us driving in from WA will be glad to double enter and pay full price if we're given the chance.

Thanks.

John

Gumball

Hi Guys,

Just a thought.......................

If you are planning to sign up for HPDE4, why not simply sign up for Time Trials instead? We run in the same group with HPDE4, the cost is the same and this way you will get your times recorded and posted.

We also give out medals each day for 1st -3rd in each of the 9 classes and take pictures on the podium. Furthermore, if you compete in at least 3 weekends (or 6 events) you qualify for the Season Championship.

All you need to do is fill out this form and fax or email it to me and you are all set. http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/Time-Trial-Classification.pdf

Did I mention that the price is the same?

Email me if you have any questions or check out our website for more details. http://norcal.nasa-tt.com/index.html

Regards,

John

bulldog_RS20

I am also very interested in entering the HPDE4 group along with the HC race, ONLY if both groups were seperated by a group or 2.

I really need the time to learn the line, then check pressures and temps and I don't see how that could work for me if the groups were scheduled back-to-back.

I bet NASA would make this a consideration when they write the schedule... I wonder who is in charge of that?? It might be worth a phone call directly to the race Director...

Greg

~ who's first session at Infinion will be

rambler

That schedule looks good... I wonder if they could swap the HPDE 1 & 2 group with the HPDE 4 group

John - It looks like the post was locked as a result of my post, it was quoted in his final post. *shrug*

Nash

slammed_93_hatch
That schedule looks good... I wonder if they could swap the HPDE 1 & 2 group with the HPDE 4 group

John - It looks like the post was locked as a result of my post, it was quoted in his final post. *shrug*

Nash

naw it was locked because this is were the post belongs.

I belive the correct person to email would be, Jerry Kunzman, all of his info is on this page under northern CA http://www.nasaproracing.com/aboutnasa/regions.html

johng
naw it was locked because this is were the post belongs.

Right, but if you look at the HC section, half of the stuff in there relates to California. I thought that was the place to post questions relating to HC events.

It's all done now, and everything's fine.

Turfer

Hi John,

I'll take you up on your offer, at least for Saturday. Hopefully the schedule makers will insert some time between the TT/HPDE4 group and Race Group A.

I guessed that I would end up in TTD after working my way through the never ending point assesment chart. I have an SCCA ITA CRX. Does this sound like the right choice of class. I have already submitted my entry and if needed we can make the appropriate class change.

See you in August.

Rick

Hi Guys,

Just a thought.......................

If you are planning to sign up for HPDE4, why not simply sign up for Time Trials instead? We run in the same group with HPDE4, the cost is the same and this way you will get your times recorded and posted.

We also give out medals each day for 1st -3rd in each of the 9 classes and take pictures on the podium. Furthermore, if you compete in at least 3 weekends (or 6 events) you qualify for the Season Championship.

All you need to do is fill out this form and fax or email it to me and you are all set. http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/Time-Trial-Classification.pdf

Did I mention that the price is the same?

Email me if you have any questions or check out our website for more details. http://norcal.nasa-tt.com/index.html

Regards,

John

Gumball

Glad to hear it rick.

Just fax me the completed classification form and you are set. If you are racing in H4, you are automatically classed as TTC. If you are not in H4, fill out the form completely as best you can and I will go over your car at the track just in case.

Regards,

John

johng

John,

I have classing questions and I can't locate your email address.

slammed_93_hatch

you should be able to press the email button beneith his signature. (i didn't know that it was there either, untill recently)

rambler
Glad to hear it rick.

Just fax me the completed classification form and you are set. If you are racing in H4, you are automatically classed as TTC. If you are not in H4, fill out the form completely as best you can and I will go over your car at the track just in case.

Regards,

John

Ok, so is there a set spot for an H1 car? By points I would be a TTC car.

Nash

Gumball

Rambler,

NASA H1 cars would be classified as TTB. However, not all cars in the race groups have the exact same setup. Again, you can fill out the classification form COMPLETELY and see where you end up. When the classification systen was originally devised, NASA race groups were included to make classifying simple for race cars. Just do your best and I'll go over the car atthe event.

Regards,

John

[email protected]

Greg G.

Many of NASA's racecar classes were given a "maximum class" level that are written in the rules. We did this because the nature of the TT rules (with it's jump in class every 15 mod points) would have put some of the NASA racecars at a significant disadvantage in TT (and we don't want to discourage them from joining us with these cars). This would happen by a NASA racecar being fully prepped for its race class, and either just barely going over into a higher TT class, or by having mods that are not worth the specified number of points assigned by the TT rules, but still worth having in the race class. In other words, if one were building a car for NASA TT, they would look for mods that would provide the most performance for the least amount of points. The NASA racecars have spec rules that don't allow drivers to do this, and they have to take whatever is allowed in their race class, whether its worth the points or not. A quick example would be the use of a boost controller in Spec SRT. It's illegal, but I would gladly ditch some of the other mods that I have for the benefits of one. Each NASA race class has similar examples.

As far as fairness is concerned, we know exactly how fast our NASA racecars can go (via our track records), so we can use the fastest lap times ever as a guide as to what class a NASA racecar should max out in. In fact, when we wrote the rules, we used the NASA racecars as the guide to trying to establish the TT classes (ie. how fast the fastest TTx car would be expected to go).

On the other hand, there are NASA racecars that are not built to the limits of their rules. To be fair to these drivers, we allow them to use the TT rules and points template to figure out where they end up. They can then run in either the assigned TT class for the NASA racecar, or a lower class if their car classes in a lower class by looking at points.

To the credit of those that wrote the rules , it turns out that fully prepped NASA racecars usually end up within a few mod points of the designated class (ie. may go a few over or a few under).

Turfer
Glad to hear it rick.

Regards,

John

John,

The link below is to the classifiaction form you would like?

http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/Time-Trial-Classification.pdf

And fax to this number?

Fax. 510-412-0549

Thanks,

Rick

Gumball

Yes, that is the link to the form.

Fax the completed form to me at 408-577-1329.

Welcome aboard.

John