RockLobster

Meet me in PT?

kbrew8991

Substitute compiling for working on accounting crap in Houston off a server in Canada and its pretty close

RockLobster

Sam, can you share in the dropbox any updated or new PT forms you got leading up to or at Gingerman?

Thanks,

Chad

CWeber

so anyone else going to be running PTE at Autobahn next month? I think there is going to be 3 people for sure so far.. but anyone else? 2 more and we have 5 for Hoosier or Toyo contingency!!!

CWeber

So where are all the PT folks for Midwest? So few PT entries at Autobahn last month

Where are all the folks who had talked about getting stuff built for this year?

Meanwhile, we are finally working on finishing our 1994 Sentra project now that our Miata is gone (another PT car)... so we will eventually have 'his' and 'her's' PT cars

RockLobster

Ok guys. Autobahn and Putnam crossovers left!

I'll be at AB, hope to see more PT cars. So far two PTE cars signed up. Let's get a big field for these last two events!

speedengineer

I think I'm one of those E cars for ABCC! Hoping some more will show up!

Pretty sure Putnam will have large PTE fields, by my estimate, at least 8-ish.

H4CRXSi

Brian and Doug will both be there in PTE. Brian will also be in TTE. Unsure of the status of my CRX.

Congrats again on the 2013 PTE National Championship Jason!

Regards,

Sam

drivecontroll

So I read early in this thread a few in pte may go to ptd for '14. I'm hoping to race by the end of next year, and ptd would work well with my current setup. Ill go a different route if ptd is low.

Are these plans moving forward?

drivecontroll

So I read early in this thread a few in pte may go to ptd for '14. I'm hoping to race by the end of next year, and ptd would work well with my current setup. Ill go a different route if ptd is low.

Are these plans moving forward?

Gotmark73

Dumb question, can a PT car be street driven? Did HPDE this year and saw some wheel to wheel racing, but was busy learning and didn't get to ask about PT. Going to be HPDE3 come spring time and want to plan out my year. I know I want to do TT and maybe would like PT. I have a miata and don't want to have to get a tow rig.

rzoops

The fact that any PT car needs to have a full cage is probably enough to dissuade most people from driving that car on the street. Not to mention any other safety or performance modifications you do that compromise streetability. It's much more common to see street-driven TT cars without full cages.

CWeber
Dumb question, can a PT car be street driven? Did HPDE this year and saw some wheel to wheel racing, but was busy learning and didn't get to ask about PT. Going to be HPDE3 come spring time and want to plan out my year. I know I want to do TT and maybe would like PT. I have a miata and don't want to have to get a tow rig.

The fact that any PT car needs to have a full cage is probably enough to dissuade most people from driving that car on the street. Not to mention any other safety or performance modifications you do that compromise streetability. It's much more common to see street-driven TT cars without full cages.

While I agree that most people will not want to and do not street drive full w2w cars, it has been done and will continue to be done. We used to 'street drive' our former 1995 Infiniti G20 to/from track events (most recently Chicago to Gateway (St. Louis Area) and then to/from Putnam before we sold it to someone else who also titled and plated it FWIW. ) It also makes it easier to test n tune to have it streetable FWIW.

Now our 1994 Nissan Sentra is streetable and was driven to/from the Autobahn event.

Our 1st spec miata was driven to/from a few events (including gingerman) because it was titled in our name and the former owner used to drive it to/from track events as well FWIW. Heck, when we used to run with Midwest Counsel, there was this 1 spec miata driver that always showed up in his Miata that he drove to/from the track as well.

...so yes, it can and has been done.. but know that it isn't exactly the most comfy cushy ride!

RockLobster

So.....

What's everyone thinking for this year?!

I'd sure like to see some more PT cars. I'm even prepping my RX-7 as a PTE car for east states nationals. So, i'm sure ill be testing it some @ a MW event or two.

Sure would like to see some good PT numbers this year!

speedengineer
So.....

What's everyone thinking for this year?!

I'd sure like to see some more PT cars. I'm even prepping my RX-7 as a PTE car for east states nationals. So, i'm sure ill be testing it some @ a MW event or two.

Sure would like to see some good PT numbers this year!

Chad, I started a thread similar to what this one was over in the GL forum, since that's where most of the PT participants were last season. Numbers, for E at least, are looking promising. Hope to see you out there in the RX7!

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=127399

CWeber

Wow! Midwest is off to a strong start in PTE with the crossover season opener at Gateway. Unfortunately neither of our cars will be ready in time Cool to see PTE giving SM a run for the money though! What a great entry list!

PTE Cindric Jon M. Mazda Miata 91 4714888 JM Cindric & Associates

PTE Cohn Team Mazda Miata 7 5663157 BFGoodrich/Mazdaspeed/Jesse Prather Motorsports/OG Racing/SPS

PTE Jeffers Motorsports Team Mazda Rx-7 63 8207116 Branam Auctions ; M2 Studio

PTE Kopitski Chris Nissan Sentra S 47 9407749

PTE Low Doug Pontia Fiero Gt 1 1116685 Service Automotive

PTE Pitcher Nathan Mazda Miata 7 5663157 Team Cohn

PTE Tan Samantha Honda Civic Si 786 4311553 GPI Inc.

RockLobster

Lots of PTE cars at Gateway. Really good to see. Bryan has built up a great contingent of PTE racers in Central.

Hope to see a few at Autobahn!

speedengineer

If you're a MW or GL PTE competitor, I have created the google spreadsheet below to help us plan which events to attend. This way, we will have an idea long in advance about who is going to attend which events, rather than having to wait for NASA to post the entry list and people to show up on the list by registering. It should also give us insight into whether most of us prefer to run the MW or the GL schedule this year.

Please take 60 seconds to fill it out!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ltizwCdpUipAcWe9s2XGocDVI2Wmbe39M4iPQyrlFwQ/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Guest

CWeber

Jason,

So you going to change your mind and make the trip to Autobahn next weekend with all the PTE entries?

speedengineer

double post...

Edited by Guest

speedengineer
Jason,

So you going to change your mind and make the trip to Autobahn next weekend with all the PTE entries?

I have considered it. We will see, it'll likely be a last minute decision, even if that does cost me $50 late fee. At least then I get to see what the weather forecast looks like!

Any luck getting the head gasket issue repaired?

CWeber

4 people signed up in PTE already for next weekend? wow!

Jason,

We were at Autobahn today testing and the Miata is officially a go for SM next weekend (already signed up)... Temps stayed below 180 all 6 20 minute runs today so all good there!

...BUT dunno that Mike will be able to get the 200sx ready in time to switch over to PTE for next weekend though (right now it looks like he'll be doing TTE in the Miata while I do SM in Lighting)

speedengineer

Cool, glad to hear you got the car fixed.

For autobahn, I think Aaron Leichty is going to sign up also. And if I go, then that will be 6 people, and 7 if you or Mike run a car in PT.

CWeber

MW season opener at Gateway had 7 or 8 PTE cars too.. so it's starting to look up for MW and PTE for sure (off to a much better start than GL anyway)

RockLobster

Any more of you folks in for blackhawk??!?! Let's see some more cars!

Ben Anderson will be racing my RX-7 in PTE trim. So i know we will have two PTE cars for sure...

speedengineer

Sorry, I can't make it to blackhawk. I'm not even 100% for PittRace, depends who signs up. I hope you get some more cars! I haven't been to Blackhawk since 2010, sure wish I could drive it again.