any lotus exige cup car running in werc, classification?

esr

Hi,

I would like to know if I can run my 06 exige cup car in werc?

Looking into the series for 2013, but don't want to have to modify the car.

Also, what class would it run in?

Thanks

doing a quick look at the PT rules it says if it is an Exige then PTB, enduro would be E0. if Exige S then PTA sprint racing, enduro would still be E0. if it is a 240R, S240, S260 it would be STSU which would be ES for enduro racing.

Thanks

doing a quick look at the PT rules it says if it is an Exige then PTB, enduro would be E0. if Exige S then PTA sprint racing, enduro would still be E0. if it is a 240R, S240, S260 it would be STSU which would be ES for enduro racing.

just because a car's base PT class is A, or B, or whatever does not mean it'll nessecarily run there. You need to add up all the mod points for everything the car has done to it. Also, PTA will not exist next year as it's beeing "replaced" with ST3 @ 9.5:1 ratio. The enduro mapping for ST3 hasn't been settled yet.

in this case it does because he didnt want to modify the car at all so base classing would be where the car should race, now if he adds different tires then what came stock on it then that might change the class. ST3 will either be E0 like PTA is now or ES like the other ST1,2,U are.

That's not how PT works exactly... plenty of ways for a 100% factory car to get bumped up a class by optional extras, having wider than base tires, if it comes with a tire compound that isn't 0 pts, etc. And I don't think I've ever seen more than 5 actual bone-stock cars at a NASA weekend since I started in 2003, heh! Understanding whatever ruleset you use to map to enduro classing is key to not getting caught out with your pants down. Happy to help with PT (and ST too, it's not straight-up hp/weight) if needed

ST3 will be faster than PTA, the question will be if it's fast enough to be beyond everything else in E0. That'd be a great question for you guys that run within the Enduro series more often than I do (at once a year.. ) What are the usual top dog classes in E0?

Side note: I remember Greg G saying in another thread that ST3 = ES...for now.

He speculated that, yes. Jerry K. (afaik) writes the actual Enduro ruleset.

Lotus Sport, the motor sport division of Lotus Cars Ltd., has developed two higher performance versions of the 2006 Model Year Lotus Exige, the Lotus Exige Cup and the Lotus Exige Cup 240, both developed for track use straight out of the box.

The Lotus Exige Cup cars are based on the new 2006 Model Year Exige and are completely track ready sports coupés with uprated clutch, sports exhaust, adjustable suspension, uprated brakes, limited slip differential, switchable traction control, a T45 steel roll-over hoop and Aframe

with harness mounts, fuel and ignition kill switches and a fully plumbed in fire extinguisher system. An FIA approved 6 point roll cage is a no cost option*.

As the names suggest, the Lotus Exige Cup cars are available with two different engine variants. The Lotus Exige Cup uses a 192 PS (189hp / 141kW) and 181Nm four cylinder 1.8 litre 2ZZ VVTL-i engine, and the Lotus Exige Cup 240 uses a supercharged and intercooled high revving 1.8 litre four cylinder engine producing 247 PS (243hp / 181kW) at 8000 rpm and a torque figure of 236 Nm at 7000 rpm.

Looks to me that one would need to determine if a FIA 6 point roll cage meets NASA cage specs before trying to class car. After that it sounds like it would need a dyno reclass and then take points as needed for suspension, limited slip, (traction control disabled or ES?) ect.

PT rules- http://nasaproracing.com/rules/performance_touring_rules.pdf