aaronsti

time differernce of chicane and no chicane at thunderbolt

aaronsti

how much time does the turn 3 chicane add. so if you run a 1.00 without the chicane, what time would it equal with the chicane? thanks

Paisan
how much time does the turn 3 chicane add. so if you run a 1.00 without the chicane, what time would it equal with the chicane? thanks

If you are running a 1.00 without the chicane, you are a winner with or without the chicane....

-mike

aaronsti

that was an example since its a nice easy number. the actuall time i want to calculate is a 1.39

Paisan
that was an example since its a nice easy number. the actuall time i want to calculate is a 1.39

There is no "calculation" because a miata could go through the chicane very quickly, practically flat out, however a bigger heavier, more powerful car would be more impacted by the chicane.

-mike

aaronsti

ok. what would you say about a basically stock sti. i'm very good at the chicane fyi

Paisan
ok. what would you say about a basically stock sti. i'm very good at the chicane fyi

What tires?

Suspension?

What run group do you run in?

I would personally not try to calculate it, just keep practicing and you'll get better at it.

-mike

aaronsti

hankook rs3 225-45-17. suspension is upgraded rce springs and struts to match. hpde 3 group. brakes are really good. power is estimated at 320-330 at the crank.

Paisan
hankook rs3 225-45-17. suspension is upgraded rce springs and struts to match. hpde 3 group. brakes are really good. power is estimated at 320-330 at the crank.

In HPDE 3 you should have no concerns about your times. You should be focusing on being consistent with your line and enjoying the ride.

-mike

aaronsti

In HPDE 3 you should have no concerns about your times. You should be focusing on being consistent with your line and enjoying the ride.

-mike

i'm not concerned about the actual time. however, time does show if you have gotten faster or more consistent.

petemac

-mike

i'm not concerned about the actual time. however, time does show if you have gotten faster or more consistent.

From my experience the chicane at NJMP is usually a factor calculated better with a % of lap time. If you are one of the faster drivers at Thunderbolt, then you negotiate the chicane better, while the inverse is also true (if you are slower around the track you are usually slow through the chicane). But also like mike said the high hp high weight cars are affected more.