Sticky tire vs wide tire

Grintch

Hehe, I feel for you Randy. That reclass on your car leaves a bit to be desired. I guess it comes down to what the benefit of awd is in lap time, and more to the point how Greg classes AWD cars differently than RWD and FWD cars.

If you can't beat 'em, join em!! Hint hint...my car is for sale

I'm stuck between bitterness and jealousy. That's a good car that'll find a good home, but I'm much too big for it. Warn the new driver that he gets his 3/4 car width and not an inch more.

The KW's are not inverted, just double adjustable with piggy back reservoirs.

Well if I have to take the +5 points I have major point problems, like having to run a 205mm R6 or street tires. The car is street driven and stripping is not allowed in STU, which means I am 200+ lbs over weight. I estimate the current power to weight at 11.84, which I guess means I can't get re-classed down into TTC (12:1 limit), it it possible to stay in the same base class but just lose some points with the dyno re-class? Well that 12:1 TTC limit would be an adjusted 11.15, is that enough to get me re-classed as a TTC**?

You're misunderstanding the class limits, those only apply to cars using points. The reclass for an AWD turbo will not be close to the limit. I'll guess your expected comp weight to be 3460lbs and your HP to be 292hp, that gets us to the 11.84 you mentioned, that's on the high side of TTB* which should come in about 12.07 unadjusted. To be TTB base with no +5 for FI you'll need to be around 12.6-12.7 unadjusted which puts your max allowable HP at about 272. You could easily tune the car for that especially considering the stock turbo won't go above 250hp or so at the higher revs. Then you'd have 19 points to work with. A quick tally:

TTB base dyno reclass 3460lbs, 272hp

+7 coilovers w/ piggyback

+2 springs

+2 sways

+10 Hoosier R6

-4 245 tire (265 base)

+17 points total

That's actually probably your best option. If you can de-tune the car it's worth an email to Greg to get the actual reclass numbers if you really want to run TTB.

Hehe, I feel for you Randy. That reclass on your car leaves a bit to be desired. I guess it comes down to what the benefit of awd is in lap time, and more to the point how Greg classes AWD cars differently than RWD and FWD cars.

If you can't beat 'em, join em!! Hint hint...my car is for sale

I'm stuck between bitterness and jealousy. That's a good car that'll find a good home, but I'm much too big for it. Warn the new driver that he gets his 3/4 car width and not an inch more.

You're pretty tall, but the driver who is currently interested in purchasing the car is 6'5", and I think he'll fit. Barely, but he should fit. 3/4 width only applies if the subi can catch it!!

You're pretty tall, but the driver who is currently interested in purchasing the car is 6'5", and I think he'll fit. Barely, but he should fit. 3/4 width only applies if the subi can catch it!!

With a magic turbo, turn 1 lap 1 should be adequate. The extra grass in the radiator should slow it down after that.

I know I led a sheltered life, but I am not so sure "pedantic" is a Texas word. At least, I never heard it in all the years I lived there.

It is not obscure to point out handing me a dyno sheet, properly done to the NASA standard of course, does not remove the +5 for FI. I wish since my Cruze ECO could use it.

But note, Ken says I was right....

And he used really big Texas words, too!