bpanther

2013 Schedule

bpanther

2013 Preliminary Schedule

Jan 19-20 MSRH (Race, TT, DE)

Results: http://nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=100215

Feb 16-17 Harris Hill (Comp School and Instructor Clinic)

Register: http://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1562

March 16-17 MSRC (Race, TT, DE)

Register: http://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1610

April 19-21 TWS (Race, TT, DE, Friday Enduro, Friday Comp School)

Register: http://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1618

May 4-5 NOLA (Race, TT, DE)

Register: http://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1570

June 22-23 Hallett (Race & TT, Limited HPDE)

Sept 5-8 Miller Motorsports (Race & TT)

Sept 20-22 TWS (Race, TT, DE, Endurance)

Nov 2-3 Eagle’s Canyon (Race, TT, DE)

Dec TBD TBD

turnbaugh

Dave,

Is April an enduro?

bpanther

Dean,

We are shooting to have one on Friday like this year.

kbrew8991

Don't forget Nationals at Miller Sept 5-8

bpanther

Slight tweak above. NOLA and ECR flipped so we have Mother's Day weekend open.

kbrew8991

ECR is now also a normal Sat/Sun event... which is a plus.

But on a selfish note if we could avoid anything from the 1st to about the 11th-12th that'd be great tough to ask off for an event during a month-end stuff at work and the old schedule was perfect for this ah well Fingers crossed work will be cool with the new schedule tweaks *and* missing all of September close for NASA Nationals. One may have to give though...

In before everyone else posts their scheduling request items and we end up with 0 days during the year that work for everyone What's that old saying - can't please everyone?

BrianW

Is there a reason that the Nov race is Fri and Sat?

kbrew8991

my calendar says Nov 2nd and 3rd 2013 is a Saturday and Sunday. YMMV.

(I bet Dave copied, pasted, and forgot to edit the fri & sat part. The previous tentative date for EC actually was the Fri & Sat before Mother's Day Sunday)

BrianW
my calendar says Nov 2nd and 3rd 2013 is a Saturday and Sunday. YMMV.

(I bet Dave copied, pasted, and forgot to edit the fri & sat part. The previous tentative date for EC actually was the Fri & Sat before Mother's Day Sunday)

Thanks, I wasn't paying attention to the dates, just the Fri and Sat part.. Understood about mothers day previously. I'm good now. Thanks

99V6Chick

I'm the opposite of Ken...the end of the month is not doable for me so I love this schedule

z28racergirl

Hey guys! Any talk about being a support race for the Australian V8 Supercars at COTA? They are running there May 17-19. Maybe for future years? Boy, that would be so cool.

Christine

Sm00thindian

Any other Endurance races besides the April TWS like NOLA?

Madmustang

Thats a great idea!! Dave see if you can get intouch with Marcos Ambrose, he could probably point you in the right direction with AV8SS.

mglobe

Which direction are we going at MSRH?

abrusssich

Is there an event registration open for the 2013 MSRH event? Cannot find it if there is.

bpanther
Hey guys! Any talk about being a support race for the Australian V8 Supercars at COTA? They are running there May 17-19. Maybe for future years? Boy, that would be so cool.

Christine

Yes, there was talk. And I was flat out told NO.

norris
Which direction are we going at MSRH?

Dave...CCW?

kbrew8991

registration page said CW

I'm indifferent personally... pit wall is in play either way, and getting into it won't be "fun" in either case.

norris
registration page said CW

I'm indifferent personally... pit wall is in play either way, and getting into it won't be "fun" in either case.

But as has been mentioned before..that wall at 55-65 sure seems more forgiving than at 80-90...

kbrew8991

For me & the way my car tracks out going each way it's tiny chance of 80ish mph whack for CW (car would need to break basically), or small chance of 50ish mph whack for CCW (I'd have to waayyy overdrive or let myself get pushed out there). Neither sound fun... I don't plan on doing either...

I'm fuzzy on how say, an SM does there and how a more powerful GTS or ST type car does. If they're carrying the sorts of corner and exit speeds to track out pretty far going CW or have issues over the pavement transition then it could make sense to stick to CCW instead. I don't know and I'm not the one to make the call either way though

CMC#11

IMO, CW is just plain boring. Gut Check and the sweeper are a blast when running CCW but CW are boring as crap.

BrianW

IMO, racing is more about who you are racing against and less about what specific track and direction you are running. Yes, there are walls in both directions, yes you could hit them, yes it would suck... but at the end of the day, this is racing. It is inherently dangerous which I believe is the draw for most of us. If it wasn't scary, I for one probably wouldn't find it as appealing.

rsmith350
IMO, racing is more about who you are racing against and less about what specific track and direction you are running. Yes, there are walls in both directions, yes you could hit them, yes it would suck... but at the end of the day, this is racing. It is inherently dangerous which I believe is the draw for most of us. If it wasn't scary, I for one probably wouldn't find it as appealing.

Amen!

Jason S.

Well then why does it matter if somebody else has a preference on which way to run a track? You may be too distracted racing those around you to care, but others in TT/HPDE or classes with nobody to race may have a preference.

BrianW
Well then why does it matter if somebody else has a preference on which way to run a track? You may be too distracted racing those around you to care, but others in TT/HPDE or classes with nobody to race may have a preference.

I think that was exactly my point. Let me be more clear here... I DONT GIVE A FLYING SHIT WHICH DIRECTION!!!!

Better?