95' E36 M3 Front Camber more than 3 degrees?

danwendling

I did a bit of forum searching and get conflicting opinions on the ability to set the front camber on a 95' M3 to more than -3 degrees. Apparently the geometry of the knuckle and lower control arm are different on the 95' than on 96+ models. Might be some issue of interference with wheels or tires if I simply install 96+ knuckles and lower arms, but read conflicting posts.

How do I get a 95' M3 to have more than -3 degrees without violating the BMWCCA Prepared class rules (I am hoping to keep my options open)? Alternatively, if I cant get -4 degrees and stay within the Prepared class rules (then I will focus on NASA GTS3) what are my options on parts to use?

I plan on using APEX ARC-8 e42 17x9 wheels with 255/45 R6's. If it helps solve the problem to use an 18" wheel then that is a reasonable option.

Expert opinions requested.

I did a bit of forum searching and get conflicting opinions on the ability to set the front camber on a 95' M3 to more than -3 degrees. Apparently the geometry of the knuckle and lower control arm are different on the 95' than on 96+ models. Might be some issue of interference with wheels or tires if I simply install 96+ knuckles and lower arms, but read conflicting posts.

How do I get a 95' M3 to have more than -3 degrees without violating the BMWCCA Prepared class rules (I am hoping to keep my options open)? Alternatively, if I cant get -4 degrees and stay within the Prepared class rules (then I will focus on NASA GTS3) what are my options on parts to use?

I plan on using APEX ARC-8 e42 17x9 wheels with 255/45 R6's. If it helps solve the problem to use an 18" wheel then that is a reasonable option.

Expert opinions requested.

Which camber plates are you using ? What size spacers ? You should be able to get more then -3 degrees on a '95. The knuckles and lower arms on the '96+ adds caster not really much camber.

-Scott B.

It's possible to get more then 3 degrees on a '95. Wheel interference could be fixed with spacers. In fact the more camber you add, your tire clearance issues improve on the stock bodywork.

That being said more caster will require less static camber so either way, whether you keep your 95 spindles or swap up, you should consider that.

Make a steel plate to act as a washer on the 2 lower strut bolts. You can get an additional 1/2-3/4 of a degree of camber by, basically moving the bottom out a bit.