Hello! (TT n00b as of CMP Nov)

R13

Hi.

I'm Richard, and if all goes to plan I will run my first NASA TT event this coming weekend at CMP with the South East region.

I just wanted to introduce myself ahead of time and ask a couple of noob-ish question to make sure I'm in compliance. Thanks in advance (I hope) for humoring me, and I look forward to seeing some of you at the track.

First: Weight.

Do I need to know what my car weighs in advance (aside from assuming it's basically stock weight), or will it be weighed at the track? I KNOW that this would in-no-way move me up/down a class given where my points fall, but don't want to get caught out. It's been on my list to do for a while, but I don't own scales and blah blah excuses...

Secont: Stickers (because those are important ):

I understand I need to have "TTB 13" in the appropriate sizes on all 4 sides of the car (rear, both sides, and front). My question is what defines "front"?

Does the top or base of the windshield count as the "front" or only the front bumper. My car doesn't have 4" of flat vertical surface on the leading edge of the bumper. I don't think they'd be very visible on the horizontal sections. The easiest place to see them from the front of the car would be the top of the windshield, but wanted to ask before I went sticking anything down.

Also, (maybe somewhat optimistically) would the same thing apply to contingency stickers that have the 4-side requirement (e.g. hawk)?

Hello! As a long time TTer, I'll give my input:

-Know your actual weight w/driver and know what your base weight listing is in the appendix

-Windshield would count as front BUT I know that NASA highly discourages the use of decals on windows (at least in AZ)

-You'll need at least 2 NASA decals (front and rear: 4 if doing any sort of contingency)

the way alot of scoring towers are elevated, on the nose of the car horizontal or near horizontal works. Also being that it's probably a lower nose I'm sure grid could see it there just fine. Harder for a competitor to see at speed in a mirror, but most people know the cars in their class without seeing the # & class stuff and the "hey if someone is up your butt just let them by so you can both go faster" factor also applies to cover that situation.

Is this for your NSX or your MR2?

Thanks for the input. 'Good to know the scales will be available at the track, at this point I wasn't going to have time to get it weighed short of going through a truck station on '40 (wouldn't be the first time).

Is this for your NSX or your MR2?

The NSX.

yeah, short of putting them on the headlights and running with them up there's not a great place. I'd put it as far forward on the top / semi-horizontal part of the bumper as I could and call it a day

yeah, short of putting them on the headlights and running with them up there's not a great place. I'd put it as far forward on the top / semi-horizontal part of the bumper as I could and call it a day

Yeah, I tried searching for pictures because I know at least a handful of other NSXs do track duty, but I couldn't find anything. I'll play with the placement a little when I get home to see if I can find a good spot on the bumper. Worst case, it seems the windshield is a viable plan B and would still be easily visible by workers/timing/in mirrors.

Thanks again!