PaulieP55

ST Classes and what's everybody doing?

PaulieP55

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to start a discussion on the new class structure for the ST groups. I run in ST1 and unless we are at The Glen, there is usually on two of in the class.

I am thinking of de-tuning and running in ST2 but only if the current ST2 guys are planning on staying there and not running in the ST3 class.

Please chime in because we all have work to do on our cars and it would be nice to know what direction to take. Looking forward to hearing from everyone about this

I hope all of you and your families made it through the storms without too much loss or inconvenience.

Paul Plemenos

#55 ST1

DPG

Hey Paul,

Thanks for getting the ball rolling. I plan to run ST 2 next year but am enticed about ST 3 and will participate in both classes should the opportunity arise. How about the rest of you guys?

JRicca

Not sure what kind of turn out there is in this region for SCCA T1 but from what it looks like in other regions, alot are jumping ship and going to ST-2 for 2013. Should be a good amount of ST2 competitors in 2013.

petemac

If guys like Paul and Ziggy are going to do the work to get there cars in ST2 then I am willing to meet them in the middle and stay in ST2. I would much rather have larger car counts then split the current classes we have. I am pretty sure Ben and Greg feel the same way as me. We are running where the cars are, and as of now no one has committed to ST3 so it looks like ill start prepping for ST2.

JRicca

I might do ST3 if the count is there. I would just need to add some weight and run smaller tires.

rokkit

Why do I always feel like the nerdy kid on the other side of the fence who can't play with the cool kids?

Paisan
Why do I always feel like the nerdy kid on the other side of the fence who can't play with the cool kids?

We are still trying to get a specZ going so we'll be in lightning with yah!

-mike

DougDMElec

My new motor is being tuned for ST-2. Count me in!

Junior1

I just completed my build originally to run in ST2 but with the new ratio I'm going ST3...

Foosh442

Looks like ST3 for me, my focus for the off season is much needed brakes and misc. suspension work so time and money won't allow for engine work in addition to that. The most that I can get out my stock LS6 isn't getting me anywhere near the ST2 pwr/weight ratio.

toomchpwr

sup Foosh scott with the blue z06 from TTA.

will you have to lower your HP now? I guess you will be at 9.5. I'll run 275's and no aero so looking to hit 8.6.

TT3 is gonna be a big class I am thinking especially with the ST3 super-sizers.

Foosh442

Hey Scott, yep I'll be at 9.5 so I need to lose 15HP. I think TT3 will be a big class, but I'm not so sure about ST3

toomchpwr

hey i have a set of T-1 CCW classics for sale with 315 A6 scrubs all around. let me know if that is something you'd be interested in buying. $1500 obo. 17x10 and 17x11. I'm gonna post up in classifieds in a few days when I can take pics.

Foosh442

Anybody else for ST3? I was really hoping for at least 5+ cars...

Maynor

It's my rookie year and I'm aiming for ST2 rather than ST1 for the bigger car counts. Don't think I can detune enough for ST3.

John

E36 M3 GMW #95

f1honda
Anybody else for ST3? I was really hoping for at least 5+ cars...

i'll be running in whatever class that the vettes aren't in

most likely, i'll run in TT3

toomchpwr

Bench racing in off-season:

Foosh - I see you and your other car (dad?) ran 2:04.9x and 2:05 at the glen at the last race. If that was a TT session, do you think you would have gone faster? i never raced so I don't know how a fastest lap in a race would compare to the TT personal best.

Most importantly, if you guys ran 2:04.9x and 2:05 in that race in ST2 trim, how do you think you will run next year with less HP in ST3/TT3? You still will run 315 A6's?

sperkins
i'll be running in whatever class that the vettes aren't in

most likely, i'll run in TT3

Best I can tell, there will be a lot of vettes in TT3. Should be a great class.

Doug Phillips

Sorry for the dumb question.

Can someone give me a very brief explanation of the difference between TT classes and ST classes?

And a brief on power factors for each.

Paisan

Most of the TT classes actually map to PT classes. Only 1 or 2 TT translate to ST as far as I know.

Mike

kbrew8991

old TT class (2012 & prior) - new TT class (2013+) - race class equivalent

TTR - TTU - SU

TTU - TT1 - ST1

TTS - TT2 - ST2

new for 2013 - TT3 - ST3

TTA & PTA - deleted

TTB - TTB - PTB

etc. on down the alphabet to F

petemac
Bench racing in off-season:

Foosh - I see you and your other car (dad?) ran 2:04.9x and 2:05 at the glen at the last race. If that was a TT session, do you think you would have gone faster? i never raced so I don't know how a fastest lap in a race would compare to the TT personal best.

Most importantly, if you guys ran 2:04.9x and 2:05 in that race in ST2 trim, how do you think you will run next year with less HP in ST3/TT3? You still will run 315 A6's?

A full blown ST2 car at the Glen should be around the 1:58 range. A ST3 Car should be 2:02-2:03 range based on my experience there. HP does help at the Glen.

brkntrxn

How many of you generally run the late September event at Watkins Glen? I am looking at coming up for it and will more than likely running my non-upgraded PTA/TTA Z06 in ST3/TT3. Should be easy pickin's for the Hoosier whores.

-Kevin

drivinhardz06

A full blown ST2 car at the Glen should be around the 1:58 range. A ST3 Car should be 2:02-2:03 range based on my experience there. HP does help at the Glen.

it is interesting that VIR and WG times seem to match up almost perfectly (on virtually all cars I have looked at)