JULY EVENT AT WILLOW SPRINGS! Now 22 Drivers!

Tim Comeau

It's on the horizon guys...

No conflicting race dates at all.

Word on the street is that some racers from the original Phoenix Group are coming over to check out Willow Springs. Seems they want to come out to where it's cooler! Willow Springs in July! Not to worry, the cafeteria has A/C and we have EZUp's. Cool suits are a great idea.

Any racing 944's are welcome to race with us for the fun of it. If you have a friend with a street 944, introduce them to NASA's HPDE program. They can still hang out with us.....and their cars will provide a great source of stock parts! Just kidding about that last part. Might not want to mention that to your 944 friends.........

We'll have a party at the pool!

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN.

-----NorCal-----

1. Ken Huey from the new NORCAL Group! Woo Hoo!(HPDE3)

-----SoCal-----

2. Comeau

3. Scott

4. Marks

5. Weitze

6. Mark Foley (new engine!)

7. Puddester

9. Spargo

13. Johnny Pag

xx. Wilberding!

----- Arizona -------

14. Jason Boles

15. Glen Gromley

16. Vince Vaccaro

17. Billy Brooks (UTAH)

18. Name Unknown

19. (Maybe even a 3rd according to P Bloomberg)

---HPDE Drivers (944)------

20- Randy Boles (Group 3)

where is Bill Addy the SoCal points leader ? Not coming, I think he is washing his hair

Edited by Guest

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tim Comeau

• PeanutinCA

• 944-Spec#94

• Packfill

Put me in for tentative. See how funds and schedule are working. Man, I thought going to work for my wife was going to be easy? I'm busier that ever!

P.D.

Oh my friggin' god............Eric you did it to me AGAIN! It's 10:53 PM and I just woke the kids up because I was laughing my ass off!! Now I'm in trouble with "the Boss" and she might not let me race.

Thanks alot!

Tim,

With my schedule its hard to commit this far in advance, but I am 80-90%. I would love to run in July....probably wont be too hot....... (note to self...buy a freakin cool suit.....)

But you get the added benefit of shagging the boss!

But that just means I have to perform in two areas now. I'm not good at that!!!!

P.D.

Uh, oh......2 areas? Where is Eric going with this one?

Maybe we better get back to serious racing stuff..........

Marks is 80-90% going.

Ohhhhhhhh! I was wondering who would be the first to go down that path......

Jim's getting thrown in the pool first!

And now back to serious racing......................

I'm asking Jason Boles who's coming out from the Phoenix Group.

I know that glen gormley might be going, I am sitting on the fence Might be going to Sears point in Aug only have the money for one summer race trip. But I am tempted, I also think VInce Vaccaro might be coming aswell, I know about 3 honda Challenge guys might be going aswell along with a hand full of DE-ers

I think you can put Glen Vince and Myself (Jason) (Tim is boLes not W) on the list

Thanks

Jason

I'm about 70% in. I'd have to drive up Sat morn at o'dark thirty as usual. Car ran great at Willow a couple of weeks ago with the new engine. I need to change the oil and I'm ready to go again.

Please note, Mr. Foley was knocking on the door of Sneaky Pete this weekend her refers to.

Way to go Mark!

P.Dilly.

Ok so why cant we see about getting at least 5 more people!! I think it would be great to have a 15 car field! If 15 cars are going then I would very much be 100%!

Jason

Ok got it. Very sorry, Jason. I'll drop the "w".

Adding Glen?, Vince, Jason, and Foley 70%.

What does Mark Foley need to get the other 30%?

I KNOW, I KNOW.....

NOBODY WANTS TO GO TO A PARTY WITH 5 PEOPLE. BUT AS SOON AS 10 PEOPLE ARE GOING, NOBODY WANTS TO MISS IT!

Keep watching the updates on the first post.

Ok Talked with my dad and we are Bailing onthe Sears point idea and going to head to willow Springs !! and Play going to book the room today!

He is also going to run the 944 in HPDE3, anyone else going to play in HPDE?

Also got word from Paul Bloomberg, that 3 or more drivers are coming to the event from AZ. WOW this is turning out to be allot of fun ..

So what would it take to have 20 944's in Race Group?

Steve Sap.s car I know is ready to go? What about mr Joe P., or Darren Griffith? You guys know you want to!!

Ok So Cal guys time to step up!

Love to go, but I have plans and will be out of town that weekend.

The good news is I am working on being able to race more this fall.

Leaving on the 29th for the east coast and won't be back until the 10th. Sorry guys, you'll have to do this one without me Maybe someone will catch up with me on points

Be safe, and have fun...

Holy Crap! Look at the name list on the first post of this topic! It might turn out to be a 2 kegger!

I seem to recall owing the class some beer for not setting new track records in both directions last Nov. at The Streets? Was I let off the hook for that one? I can't recall.

The funny thing is.....

At that event, Sean Steele was using one of my cars. We had to switch him over to the car I was using for a couple reasons. Anyway, we notified timing and scoring, but the transponder data switch didn't occur there, so now Sean Steele has a track record at Streets! LOL!

Go Sean!

I think Glen now owns both of those track records Tim? But, I'll try to make amends of at least one of them this weekend!

P.Dilly.

Ok Talked with my dad and we are Bailing onthe Sears point idea and going to head to willow Springs !! and Play going to book the room today!

He is also going to run the 944 in HPDE3, anyone else going to play in HPDE?

Hi Jason,

I just sign up for HPDE3 so I can run with your Dad.

I never been on this track before so if your Dad is familiar with this course, I'll follow his line.