JULY EVENT AT WILLOW SPRINGS! Now 22 Drivers!

Tim Comeau

Looks like those Arizona boys gave the SoCal boys a spanking! Hmmm, may have to "try" to hand it back at Willow?

P.Dilly.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tim Comeau

• PeanutinCA

• 944-Spec#94

• Packfill

Interestingly enough the best time by a So-Cal driver was Dwain at 2:00 and change. Track record just before that placed closed was a 1:52.89

That is a solid 7 seconds

Dang you so cal boys are SLOW

Paul,

Right. That was the AMP race I referred to 3 or 4 posts above. Sorry we didn't get a great picture of them in the grid.

Paul,

Right. That was the AMP race I referred to 3 or 4 posts above. Sorry we didn't get a great picture of them in the grid.

Ahh, but we did!

AMP-SpecGrp3.JPG

That is a solid 7 seconds

Do I have to remind you about California speadway? Times my have been close? But that was minus the short 5th gear. And either way, it was still the SoCal boys on top intheir own backyard. It's to be expected. Hey, Dwain and I ran low low 14's at PIR in May, Dwain even squeaked out a 1:13. Heh heh. We are catching up to your seat time.

P.Dilly.

You know I was on the fence about this event.... But now that the "smack talking" has started.... I am in!! (Paid)

PS: Joe, if my memory serves me right, the last time YOU came to Cali... you came 10/10 (DNF) on Saturday and 6/10 on Sunday???? and for this we get the smacktalk???

Dam wish I could go!! Please make sure there are some CD's burned after this event!! Have fun and show everyone what it's all about. Even if Dwain can't make it to the event he has a close following. (Get it!!) Go get em Dilly!! Make us proud!!

Don't have the weekend free and even if I did I don't have the funds to pay for any damage/breakage. My luck the motor would let go with me driving. I'm rebuilding my motor and will run as soon as I can. I may even keep the car or sell it. Don't know for sure yet. If I sell I may be able to get another car or even possibly a 911. I'll just need to curb the racing activity down a bit! Whatever I did to my wife she liked it!! Just wish I knew what it was!! Get your minds out of the gutter!! I'm 40 with 3 children!! I'm lucky I get to play at all!!

You know I was on the fence about this event.... But now that the "smack talking" has started.... I am in!! (Paid)

PS: Joe, if my memory serves me right, the last time YOU came to Cali... you came 10/10 (DNF) on Saturday and 6/10 on Sunday???? and for this we get the smacktalk???

Yep I on Saturday I pulled out after flat spoting a tire.

Still qualfied 2nd fastest. Sunday I ran 4th most of race being held up by Dilly and some stupid hondas. I might have gotten by Dilly if that one had not run me off the road. ... Still ran 2nd quick time of the weekend during that race. Oh... that was all on my first ever visit to California speedway too .

I'm 40 with 3 children!! I'm lucky I get to play at all!!

I am 31 with no kids, but a wife... I have not been able to play for long time.

Still can't make this event.. either. I do have plans for the fall. I may not be able to make many out of state events, but the Az events....

Sunday I ran 4th most of race being held up by Dilly and some stupid hondas. I might have gotten by Dilly if that one had not run me off the road. ... Still ran 2nd quick time of the weekend during that race. Oh... that was all on my first ever visit to California speedway too .

Hmmm, well, when the Honda is holding me up, then it's definitely holding you up. But, I do recal Dwain being 2-3 seconds faster than both of us. Then, I do remember discovering I had the wrong gearbox in my car and replacing it. Going out a couple weeks later and smoking my own times by about 3 SECONDS!!!! And actually beating Dwain in the time trial by a tenth or two. What say you now Mr. Paluch? You need to come on out to play again. Say, what times did you guys run here back when you came?

P.Dilly.

Edited by Guest

What say you now Mr. Paluch?

P.Dilly.

I need some more seat time is what I need. Dang that march event was may last race. I did a PCA DE, but that is just not the same.

Last time out at Willow we were running 1:40's yep, slow, but it was fast enough for 4 wins out of my first 4 races at willow beating Timmy each time.

Last time out at Willow we were running 1:40's yep, slow, but it was fast enough for 4 wins out of my first 4 races at willow beating Timmy each time.

Timmy obviously just didn't represent then!

P.D.

Well back when 944-spec started a 1:16.2 would get you Pole at PIR.

Now a days a 1:16.2 will get you lapped in 35 min race.

The cars did not get faster, but drivers sure have.

ok My dad and I are paid and ready to go. Picking up the trialer tomorrow morning and leaving Friday about noon!

Updated first posting. Rickard and Steele from San Diego (HPDE) didn't get their cars ready.

Dement isn't going.

Ray Dicius is doing more work on Jeff's old car before it hits the track.

David Ray's car isn't ready till August

Couldn't get a hold of Chris Benbow.

Pete Yousko is sitting this round out.

Jim Richmond has a car now but probably won't race with us until later in the year.

Let's work on the others. More 944's!

What about Michael Weeks?

Jason Wilberding?

Weather has been "downgraded" to a meer 92 degrees on Saturday.... Better tell the AZ guys to bring their HotSuits........

I'm heading up to the hotel around noon. I'm taking 15N to 138W this time. See you there. My cell is on at 619.994.0919. Let me know if I can do anything for you.

ALRIGHT!

Jason Wilberding is in! That's 13 licensed racers! SoCal's biggest ever turnout! Woo Hoo!

Beer and Pizza is on me at the pool!

Excellent!

my making it was the biggest win of my life. We JUST moved and I had to bring my 2 and 5 year old boys along with my wife's cousin.

It was one thing after another, but at least I got to run with everyone...some great dicing and driving. Congrats to Dylan and Jim for class wins.

It was not easy to have to fly up to the budweiser balcony and pick up my son to take him potty 15 minutes before the race (the bathroom was closed) then jump into my car and grid up only to find out I left my helmet back in Jim's trailer. One peice of advice....check those ball joints, a arms and all the suspension bushings.

I just wanted to post a huge thank you to the AZ guys for coming out. It was really cool meeting those of you I got to meet. Jason, you are a kick in the A*S and I really enjoyed hanging with you , and your dad is a hoot. Here are two guys that have NO confusion about why we do this... Maximum Fun per Dollar. Great attitudes.....

Congratulations to Vince for the win in the Austrailiam Pursuit, and regrets to Glen for his tranny....although he was fast in 3rd!!

We need to get this group together more often..... How about a 944 ONLY event at Spring Mountain.... Is that about the same distance for all of us... And NO home track advantage...as far as I know, the So Cal boys have never driven it???

Thanks again.....

"Race fans, I had inferred from my one trip to the Brickyard 400, fell into one of two categories: tattooed, shirtless, sewer-mouthed drunks, and their husbands."

-Steve Ruchin