what type of diff and gear is this bmw e-36 diff

stevepoe

So I have had this diff around for a few years and now I'm wondering what exactly I have .wondering if you guys could help please .I Had this in a 92 e36 bmw that had all sorts of upgrades . was told this diff was upgraded and a lsd. trying to confirm

any help would be much appreciated.

numbers of ring gear

h23xt25610478

numbers on diff

40610065032438581s25

4 bolt pinion flange

404940321.jpg

404940323.jpg

It does looks like a LSD differential, as far as what gear ratio it is.....! I don't kow...

Why don't you just make a reference mark in the diff vs. the ring gear, do the same in the 4-bolt flange; with your hand turn the flange as you count revolutions until you complete one full rev on the ring gear, then divide the numbers and that will give you your gear ratio!

Does it have the tag on the back? If it hasnt been rebuilt with a different gear ratio it should say. Or just count the teeth as stated above. If your looking to get rid of it id take it off your hands

thanks guys looks like a 315 lsd then . I have had this thing for years in my Garage . what kind of value does this thing have ? if any . It worked great before the car caught fire.

thanks guys looks like a 315 lsd then . I have had this thing for years in my Garage . what kind of value does this thing have ? if any . It worked great before the car caught fire.

Out of a 95 m3 most likely. Worth about $200 on bimmerforums.com