Automatic transmission

hondamaint

It's a long story but we want to race a vehicle that only has an auto transmission. It already has an SCCA log book for TT but they will not allow the auto in club racing.

8.4 a) The flywheel may be replaced with others of unrestricted origin, provided it is the same diameter as

stock and would accommodate a stock clutch and pressure plate. (See item b) as well.)

b) The clutch and pressure plate may be replaced with others of unrestricted origin so long as the pressure

plate would bolt to a unmodified OEM flywheel.

c) Limited slip differentials are unrestricted but must fit into an unmodified OEM housing.

d) Final drive ratio is unrestricted. All other gearing must remain OEM in part and gearing.

No mention of A/T or A/T components.

10.2 d) Any OEM transmission that bolts directly to the block may be used. Adaptor plates are not permitted.

Internal gear ratios must remain OEM for that series of transmission expect for the final drive ratio.

Bold portion would lead me to believe A/T would be ok.

What Simon is saying is that he interpreted that it is not legal in H5 through H3 but is legal in H2. He didn't bother to check H1.

And neither did I.

8.4 is for all classes (H1-H5)...and with the fact that everything mentioned was in regards to a manual...I don't know what that means...I'm just putting three dots between thoughts for dramatic effect...