MR_E

Forza Challenge Series Part II

MR_E

The original thread was accidentally deleted in a spam purge, so I'm recreating it here. I will update this post with the available cars for the Supercar Shootout when I get home tonight. Also let me know if I'm missing any of the previous series and who won them.

The Forza Challenge Series will be an ongoing race series using Forza 4 on the Xbox 360. Each series will consist of a non-points shakedown event and eight races (9 weeks in total). At the end of the each race, points will be given using the formula below:

After a champion has been crowned for a given series, a new format (cars, mods and PI) will be determined. The week following the final race of a series will be a shakedown event, where the drivers can test their new cars in a series of shorter non-points races to get a feel for setup, etc.

Races will be held each Monday night at 9:00pm EST. The event will start with a 10 minute practice session followed by a break of 5 minutes for tuning, bio, etc. Upon returning from the break, the race will be held. Race distance is to be determined by dividing the desired race time (30 minutes) by the average practice lap times.

Tracks are to be determined by the drivers. Before the shakedown event, each driver in the series will pick one track. Each track will be driven in the order in which they were selected in this thread. When selecting a track, the driver has the option of selecting any variant (reverse, club, etc) of the track available. If no variant is specified, it will be assumed to be standard race direction of the full course.

This next series will be our second team series, with each team using current production 6 cylinder coupes. Each team has a captain and that team captain has been assigned a specific car.

All members of each captain's team will use the same car as their captain. Captains are free to work on tuning setups with any or all of their teammates, but all members of the team must use the same tune. Tunes may be changed between races, provided that they follow all series rules and are used by all team members.

Each team is free to paint their cars as they see fit, but only car numbers may differ between cars of the same team. Otherwise, all cars on a team must use the same paint scheme. Team members should all be in agreement as to which paint scheme to use.

Each team may select two tracks for use in the series schedule. All teammates should be in agreement as to which two tracks to submit.

Teams and cars:

NISMO                    BMW Motorsport              Hyundai Racing
2010 Nissan 370Z         2009 BMW 135i Coupe         2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track
Ben                      Tut                         Shaun
Shelton                  Cooper                      Elliott
BLUCIVIC1                APIIndy                     Jinklejinx
NEVIT11                  J4tuned

Cars will be built to no greater than 625 PI. Allowed modifications and restrictions:

Engine and Power

All modifications are allowed provided that horsepower does not exceed 450

Platform and Handling

The following modifications shall be made to all cars:

1. Race Brakes

2. Race Springs and Dampers

3. Race Anti-roll Bars (front and rear)

4. Race Chassis Reinforcement and Roll Cage

5. Race Weight Reduction

Drivetrain

All modifications under this category are allowed

Tires and Rims

The following modification shall be made to all cars:

1. Race Tire Compound

Aero and Appearance

The following modifications shall be made to all cars:

1. Forza Motorsport 4 - Race Front Bumper

2. Forza Motorsport 4 - Race Rear Wing

Conversion

No modifications under this category shall be made to any car

Previous Series Champions

GTS: KingTut333

CMC: xBDx Reaper

Honda Challenge: xBDx Reaper

944Spec: Bens98gt

STi vs Evo: xBDx Reaper

Spec Miata: Bens98gt

PT: xBDx Reaper

Porsche Cup: xBDx Reaper

Vintage: Bens98gt

October Enduro: MR_E

SpecRX: Bens98gt

Supercar Shootout: KingTut333

Super2000 Touring Cars: Seat Sport (KingTut333, RandomHandle, APIIndy)

RWD Coupes: BMW Motorsport (KingTut333, SubaruCooper93, APIndy, J4Tuned)

Current Series Track List

1. Road America

2. Sebring

3. Nurburgring GP

4. Catalunya GP

5. Iberian Full

6. Suzuka

7. Twin Ring Motegi

8. Indianapolis Grand Prix Sunrise

Edited by Guest

scoobyej20

starting 1/7? I may need to join in again.

-jinklejinx

Cooper93
starting 1/7? I may need to join in again.

-jinklejinx

You should. We've missed you.

Dust Bunny Unit

Anyway of putting the list in some kind of order, other than Pi. Maybe manufacture A-Z

MR_E
Anyway of putting the list in some kind of order, other than Pi. Maybe manufacture A-Z

It's in order by PI right now. I can order the list by any criteria in the game (year, make, model, weight, horsepower, # of cylinders, etc). The annoying part is getting it formatted where it's legible in the forums. What did you have in mind?

ReaperX

Writing it on a piece of paper yourself would do that . It's a small list, who cares what order it is in.

I choose Nordschleife

Dust Bunny Unit

It's in order by PI right now. I can order the list by any criteria in the game (year, make, model, weight, horsepower, # of cylinders, etc). The annoying part is getting it formatted where it's legible in the forums. What did you have in mind?

Google docs (You can make an excel spreadsheet), link the doc in the post. Have sheet one as all the cars in the game, sheet two as the cars available for the current series.

kbrew8991

use the {code} tags - gets anything inside there in plain text, easy to line up with a space here & there after that

MR_E
:twisted: I choose Nordschleife

I'm going to pretend this got deleted along with the other thread.......

bens98gt

Shaun. I am dissapointed in you. I will not be attending that race.

ReaperX
I'm going to pretend this got deleted along with the other thread.......
Shaun. I am dissapointed in you. I will not be attending that race.

but-why-meme-generator-but-why-84103d.jpg&sa=X&ei=8ocFUISmCIWD4gS3tPGFCQ&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGAOxqAXaiAlm8YM-ve2TYTgw9Aiw

Dust Bunny Unit

wolydotmatrix

Soon when and where does this begin??

Cooper93
Soon when and where does this begin??

January 7th should be the first race at Hockenheimring. Join us! Start sending friend requests to papismark, SubaruCooper93, bens98gt, xBDx Reaper. Reference the first page for your choice of cars. The max PI for this season is 715.

wolydotmatrix

Cool, Me and a couple other SE instructors already play weekly. Are those the gamer tags??

MR_E

Those are the gamertags of our regular drivers. I won't be there for the race on the 7th, so Cooper should be hosting the race that week. Starting with the second week (Jan 14) I will be back and will be hosting all the races. Races take place each Monday at 9:00pm Eastern. Hope to see you online!

Dust Bunny Unit

Fortza + Senna = my video.

gRdigrrPbAw

bens98gt

It depends if I have a Nat. Championship get together with some friends if i'm there on the 7th.

Dust Bunny Unit

MR_E

The Supercar Shootout starts this coming Monday. Those of you that haven't posted your track choices yet, please do so soon. On Monday I will fill in any remaining slots in the schedule so that it's complete before the first race.

RJ's325ITS

I will joint as some point, I'm still working in getting the whole package.... So far I got the Xbox for Christmas, and I got the 12mon Live membership at best buy for $39 a couple of days, I'm buying watching an auction on ebay to buy the game... So here are my questions?

1. Will I need anything else?

2. How do I joint you guys?

3. How do I go about racing as an amateur? Since I've never played this game!

Thanks.

Cooper93
I will joint as some point, I'm still working in getting the whole package.... So far I got the Xbox for Christmas, and I got the 12mon Live membership at best buy for $39 a couple of days, I'm buying watching an auction on ebay to buy the game... So here are my questions?

1. Will I need anything else?

2. How do I joint you guys?

3. How do I go about racing as an amateur? Since I've never played this game!

Thanks.

1. You will also need a headset so you can talk to us. A wired headset is around $20 at GameStop.

2. When you get the game, scroll up and send at least one of us an xbox live friend request. Be online a little before 9pm, EST and we will send you a game invite. Accept the invite and you will be connected to the lobby.

3. After you have chosen your car and modified it to the correct PI (715), start practicing. Skill level doesn't matter with us. When I started playing, I was in your shoes. Don't get discouraged. Just have fun!

Apiindy

Looking forward to some Forza Monday night. I think I have 3 cars built that I can be equally slow in. See everyone tomorrow.

RJ's325ITS
1. You will also need a headset so you can talk to us. A wired headset is around $20 at GameStop.

2. When you get the game, scroll up and send at least one of us an xbox live friend request. Be online a little before 9pm, EST and we will send you a game invite. Accept the invite and you will be connected to the lobby.

3. After you have chosen your car and modified it to the correct PI (715), start practicing. Skill level doesn't matter with us. When I started playing, I was in your shoes. Don't get discouraged. Just have fun!

Okay I got my headset and the game, both should be here by Friday... What's that PI (715) that you talk about? is that like a p/w ratio? where can I find what and how cars get classed?

Thanks, and I'll be practicing as soon as I get the game and my new job lets me

Rafa,