MR_E

Forza Challenge Series Part II

ReaperX
It was just like good ole times with me and Shaun rubbing a little and having some great side by side battles. I didn't defend to the inside enough on the corner at the end of the long back straight. I definitely wish I could change my car selection since we both picked the same car.

Absolutely. Maybe next series we just let eachother know what cars we are picking to avoid that.

You would have had to been 2 off in the grass on the right to keep me from getting that corner. I was running a good amount more aero than you, and know if I was withing 60ft of you by that corner, I was commiting to the pass. The thing that suprised me was the jump out of the corner I got on you, I usually take the corner and 2nd and I was down in 1st that time. It was a great race as usual, if Ben can keep it together for a whole race it would have been even better.

bens98gt

ooo through Ben under the bus. I blame it on the Corvette. Too much power on corner exit at 135 . It wasn't to bad my fastest lap was only 2 tenths slower than yours Shaun.

MR_E
ooo through Ben under the bus. I blame it on the Corvette. Too much power on corner exit at 135 . It wasn't to bad my fastest lap was only 2 tenths slower than yours Shaun.

That was all on me and I apologize. I started going right to pass you on the inside, but then I noticed your car wandering in that direction (I didn't know you had taken damage that impaired your steering) so I went for the outside, but you didn't continue inside like I thought. I gave Indy the spot because I didn't deserve it and then Cooper passed me when my controller died.

I'm just glad we're starting to get some participation. It was kinda thin there for a long while. I think if we can get 12 drivers to commit to a series we can do some multiclass racing.

King Tut
It was just like good ole times with me and Shaun rubbing a little and having some great side by side battles. I didn't defend to the inside enough on the corner at the end of the long back straight. I definitely wish I could change my car selection since we both picked the same car.

Absolutely. Maybe next series we just let eachother know what cars we are picking to avoid that.

You would have had to been 2 off in the grass on the right to keep me from getting that corner. I was running a good amount more aero than you, and know if I was withing 60ft of you by that corner, I was commiting to the pass. The thing that suprised me was the jump out of the corner I got on you, I usually take the corner and 2nd and I was down in 1st that time. It was a great race as usual, if Ben can keep it together for a whole race it would have been even better.

I was too lazy to try different downforce combinations, so I had it right in the middle. I was running my usual 4 speed gear box, and I tried both 1st and 2nd coming out of that corner and prefered using 2nd.

ReaperX

I ran my usual downforce and it showed down that long straight. If I wasn't in your draft you'd walk off on me. It was some good racing regardless, between everyone.

Dust Bunny Unit

Sorry I missed Monday. I was having a little too much fun.

T1DSI00bves

ReaperX

It's good to see you're able to run a clean lap on at least one racing game .

MR_E

Points after race #2:

1. King Tut333 18

2. xBDx Reaper 14

3. SubaruCooper93 11

4. Me 9

5. bens98gt 9

6. APIndy 6

7. jinklejinx 6

8. Zayne D 4

Next week is Maple Valley.

Guys, please remember to keep your racing clean. All of us understand that things happen on track that can't be avoided, but there are plenty of actions you can take to avoid most contact. It very well may cost you a spot, but it is worth it to run a good, clean race. If you aren't sure you can make a corner, then you probably need to back your braking point up. One time is understandable. Every lap indicates that you're doing nothing to correct the issue. I don't want to start handing out penalties because it means a lot more work for me, but I will if needed. Race clean and we can continue to have a fun racing series that doesn't require a 5 page rules book. Thanks, and see you next Monday.

Dust Bunny Unit

Wished I could of made it but RL before FML (Forza Motorsport Life.... haha)

King Tut

I would like to hear Shaun's analysis of the lap 1 turn 1 incident. I know he took a photo. I might be partially to blame along with ben.

scoobyej20

Sorry I couldn't make it, I renewed my xbox live membership (through xbox.com) last night and for whatever reason it didn't renew until today.

How does one record a race?

MR_E
I would like to hear Shaun's analysis of the lap 1 turn 1 incident. I know he took a photo. I might be partially to blame along with ben.

At the start, you and Shaun took off and quickly gained on me to driver's left. I wasn't surprised by this because you were both driving 911's and had much better traction from a stop. I moved to the right to give y'all room (it would've been stupid and extraordinarily selfish to do otherwise). As you were going by, I made light contact with one of you (I think it was you, Tut, but not 100% sure) and moved further right. At this point Ben cut across in front of me and I had to do a brake check to keep from hitting him. As I continued on around the corner, I heard heavy contact to my left and then I ended up looking at Shaun's passenger door. I jammed my brakes to hopefully stop before I hit him, but to no avail. Fortunately for me I took minimal front end damage from the contact and was able to continue, albeit with reduced top end speed.

That was my perspective and what I saw, FWIW.

MR_E
Sorry I couldn't make it, I renewed my xbox live membership (through xbox.com) last night and for whatever reason it didn't renew until today.

How does one record a race?

There's an option to save a replay at the end of each race. It's a standard feature of Forza.

Apiindy

I am surprised that I was the only person with major damage from that. I thought I clipped someone's corner. I ended up with major damage to the front right and had to stop for repairs.

Question about the rules. Can I change all of my upgrades between races such as wings, power, etc? I know I have to run stock drivetrain, engine and aspiration.

MR_E
Question about the rules. Can I change all of my upgrades between races such as wings, power, etc? I know I have to run stock drivetrain, engine and aspiration.

Yes. You can make any changes you want (within the constraints of the series) between races. You may not change cars after you start a race in the series.

bens98gt

All I know was I was going fast. Pulling hard on some mclaren in front of me. Went inside to pass. Someone hit my door, well I hit them I guess, then I get shot out way wide in T1. Minimal damage. Then I continued to piss of Cooper as I run him down, then catch him coming out of the pits. I brake late into the low speed right hander, then rear end was twitchy loose through the next 4 corners puting him off track to avoid me. I sowy Cooper . ZR1 POWAAAAA

ReaperX

My analysis of the turn 1 incident is as follows:

Tut and I were pulling up the inside fast...

I stayed as far left as possible without hitting the wall

To give room to those on the outside

I got hit in the right rear hard

Got spun and hit 3 more times

Lost 15mph off top speed and over 4 seconds a lap

My conclusion of the analysis......

I will not be giving an inch of room again on any turn.... good luck

Dust Bunny Unit
All I know was I was going fast.

That's where all the problems began. Being in a mustang, you're no used to that.

MR_E
My conclusion of the analysis......

I will not be giving an inch of room again on any turn.... good luck

Please remember (all of you) that we all want to win races. There are good and fair ways of going about making a pass and there are bad ones. I believe all of us are guilty at some point of crossing that line. Until I can come up with a better solution, we all need to accept responsibility when we cross that line and make some kind of restitution for our actions. I still believe that this series can be successful, but we all need to work together to make it happen. See you on Monday night.

King Tut
I am surprised that I was the only person with major damage from that. I thought I clipped someone's corner. I ended up with major damage to the front right and had to stop for repairs.

I definitely plan to make changes to my build for Maple Valley. I mean I rolled my car on 2 out of 4 laps in the 10 minute practice. My suggestion would be to go full grip and full downforce. There are quite a few high speed corners on the track and most have grave consequences if you get them wrong.

Cooper93

I watched the replay several times from several angles. The ZR1 started out on the right side and moved all the way to track left and hit the front 911 in the right rear and the rear 911 in the right front. That, in turn, made those 3 go to the right collecting Elliott and Indy. Zayne made it through untouched and I had light contact with Elliott's right rear as he was basically out of control.

scoobyej20

Target lap times for maple valley?

MR_E

Average or individual lap times?

scoobyej20

Any, just looking for a ballpark so I'll know how slow I am.

MR_E

Any, just looking for a ballpark so I'll know how slow I am.

I think some of the other guys are running in the upper 1:34's and lower 1:35's. This is probably the best track in the game for me. I'm running somewhere around a 1:33.6.