MR_E

Forza Challenge Series Part II

ReaperX

Don't worry Elliott, I wont race dirty. I will just be defending my lines a little tougher. I gave you plenty of room on two corners did I not?

He is a reference for laptimes. In S700 I am in the 1:32's, with this car I will be low 33's to high 33's.

bens98gt

The ZR1 took 15 laps of practice and kept spinning out haha. Best lap was a 1:36. With mote time on the table. Shaun I sowy:( but bring it son.

Cooper93
The ZR1 took 15 laps of practice and kept spinning out haha. Best lap was a 1:36. With mote time on the table. Shaun I sowy:( but bring it son.

How are you gonna say "bring it" when you are starting at the back of the field?

bens98gt

True. I'm going to start at the rear because of last week.

bens98gt

8413442912_f9d2ef4975_z.jpg

c6zr11 by bens98gt, on Flickr

The ZR1's new paint. Took away the full pink due to certain reasons, but rims will remain pink. The ZR1 is RTR.

Dust Bunny Unit

That's like saying I will have a Saleen Vette......... Idiot.

King Tut
Took away the full pink due to certain reasons, but rims will remain pink. The ZR1 is RTR.

Is it because I was easily able to know it was your car when I said, "All I saw was a pink car coming over on me."?

MR_E
The ZR1 is RTR.

The ZR1 is Roll Tide Roll? It's not even crimson.

scoobyej20

I'm ~4 seconds off pace. I need in car instruction (Forza HPDE 2 option? =)) and GT2 RS tuning help (suggestions welcome). More seat time is obviously needed but hard to come by.

TCS on. all other assists off. manual w/clutch

639 HP

6 spd

3166 lbs

39% front weight

275/30R19

345/30R19

28 psi all around

3.64 final drive

-.8 front camber

-.7 rear camber

.01 front toe

-.02 rear toe

4.8 caster

25 front bar

22.3 rear bar

400 front springs

941 rear springs

ride height 4 clicks from min

5.9 front rebound

6.9 rear rebound

4.2 front bump

4.8 rear bump

full aero 218/387

diff accel 50%

diff decel 40%

Dust Bunny Unit

What is the car doing?

scoobyej20

It is fine, balance is good. No complaints on turn in, mid corner or exit. Just looking for any low hanging fruit, but it maybe all skill related (4 seconds just hurts my ego). I certainly can't do T12 FLAT OUT.

bens98gt

Lol Tut. Ryan RTR stands for ready to rock. I know gittin jr's brand is RTR but I mean it in general lol. Elliott dream on. And I don't know much about setups other than i'm full downforce and 650 hp with 305's in front and 355's out back. Still no grip...

ReaperX

Your front bar is too stiff, should be around 8. Front spring should be no more than 200 less than rear. Accel 9, deccel 6.

I'm ~4 seconds off pace. I need in car instruction (Forza HPDE 2 option? =)) and GT2 RS tuning help (suggestions welcome). More seat time is obviously needed but hard to come by.

TCS on. all other assists off. manual w/clutch

639 HP

6 spd

3166 lbs

39% front weight

275/30R19

345/30R19

28 psi all around

3.64 final drive

-.8 front camber

-.7 rear camber

.01 front toe

-.02 rear toe

4.8 caster

25 front bar

22.3 rear bar

400 front springs

941 rear springs

ride height 4 clicks from min

5.9 front rebound

6.9 rear rebound

4.2 front bump

4.8 rear bump

full aero 218/387

diff accel 50%

diff decel 40%

King Tut

You seriously run your accel and decel that low? I think mine are either 30%/30% or 50%/50%. I agree that you should probably have more rear sway bar than front sway bar. This thing understeers pretty badly. While that is safe and helps get the power down, it is also slow.

Dust Bunny Unit

I always run a low diff. Seems the car won't power over as much.

Dust Bunny Unit

If you haven't already, please download the free car in the July Car Pack. I will be running the Ascari KZ1R and if you don't download the pack, you will see my car as a blacked out jetta.

You do not have to purchase the pack. The easiest way to do this is go to the marketplace (far right when on start menu) and click car packs. From there you'll see each car pack in order, newest to oldest. The pack will be labeled July Car pack. Find the free car (I believe it's the AMC Gremlin), and download it. Now, you'll be able to see all the cars from that pack, to include mine.

kbrew8991

Spec Gremlin for next series of races?

(not that I have an Xbox yet, but it'd be funny to see )

Dust Bunny Unit

We could do spec GMC Vandura (A-Team Van) with the whole A-Team body kit. That'd be fun.

ReaperX
You seriously run your accel and decel that low? I think mine are either 30%/30% or 50%/50%. I agree that you should probably have more rear sway bar than front sway bar. This thing understeers pretty badly. While that is safe and helps get the power down, it is also slow.

Haven't you seen some of my peg leg burnouts leaving a corner. I have used those settings since the first forza game. It really helps on my exit and I use the throttle to manipulate the car throught the corner with those diff settings. It's just my style.

bens98gt

My tune is so advanced it hurts me to share it. Full Downforce and neg 1.5 camber in the front. If you can't drive it how it is, go home hahaha lol jk

MR_E

Points after race #3:

1. King Tut333 28

2. bens98gt 15

3. xBDx Reaper 14

4. Me 14

5. SubaruCooper93 12

6. jinklejinx 10

6. APIndy 9

7. APX Caramel 8

8. Zayne D 6

Next week is Shaun's Pick. You just thought this week's track was bad.

Also, since I've heard not a single suggestion for the next endurance event, it will be held at Indianapolis Grand Prix Circuit. Date and cars are yet to be determined.

bens98gt

Ryan you actually did revolutionize most of the photography in the game along with lazarus spirit. So i'm not suprised... so I could care less .

The #21 Corvette C6 ZR1 took Maple Valley enduro style by not pushing to hard to make mistake's and came from 11th to finish 3rd. The car was loose on corner exit, entry, apex, straights, uphill, downhill, and even the pits. I don't see how i'm second in points, but Tuts pretty much got this with 28 to my 15 haha.

MR_E

Putting aside the issue of Shaun's track choice for a moment, I wanted to float an idea and get some feedback. I'm always looking at ways to improve this series and make it more fun for all involved. One of the ways all the drivers can have fun is if they all had an equal impact on the series championship. The thought occurred to me that one way all drivers on track could impact a points race is to have teams. Currently we have about 10 drivers showing up for races. I was thinking of going with three teams, but obviously the math doesn't make for an even split. Even so, I believe that while it may not be an even number of drivers on each team the points will even out. I didn't have a huge sample of race results to go by, but I tried to even out the teams using the average number of points each participant scored. Assuming three teams, I ended up with the following:

Team 1

Shaun

Cooper

Jinklejinx

Team 2

Tut

Me

Zayne

DD Munki

Team 3

Ben

Shelton

APIndy

The math seems to indicate that these teams are on a fairly even level. Using these teams each driver would still accumulate points as in an individual race, and those points would then be added to their teammate's points to come up with that team's points for a given race. Team points would be tracked throughout the series and a team declared the winner at the end of the series. Assuming that no one can find any gaping flaws in this and there aren't any major objections, I'd like to try this on the next series. Hopefully it will help some of the slower drivers to feel like their position matters.

Thoughts and opinions are gladly accepted.

Dust Bunny Unit

The only thing I see is me and Ben being on the same team will probably be a little much. I don't have a solution.