Forza Challenge Series Part II

MR_E

The only thing I see is me and Ben being on the same team will probably be a little much. I don't have a solution.

Statistically speaking it actually works out. I only had the last 10 starts to go on so it's a bit of a small sample size, but it's all I had to go on. Plus you and Ben on the same team is comedy gold.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MR_E

• bens98gt

• Cooper93

• Dust Bunny Unit

That means I can't hit him lol but see he has ap to offset us lol. No offense ap! At least he didn't put shaun and tut on the same team Elliott, as for the comedy part, you gotta record it and sell it haha.

That means I can't hit him lol but see he has ap to offset us lol. No offense ap! At least he didn't put shaun and tut on the same team Elliott, as for the comedy part, you gotta record it and sell it haha.

Thanks Ben. Maybe I can get my teammates to help me with my car setup and then my times will improve...

Teams are a great way to add more interest in racing, but the other group I have raced with has found it only really works if you get to pick your own teammates. Also teammates should all be running the same car so they can share practice and tuning. My suggestion would be to try teams for the next series and just say that fast guys have to team with slower guys. I will volunteer to be L/indy's teammate.

Teams are a great way to add more interest in racing, but the other group I have raced with has found it only really works if you get to pick your own teammates.
My suggestion would be to try teams for the next series and just say that fast guys have to team with slower guys. I will volunteer to be L/indy's teammate.

This is the kind of feedback I was looking for. My original idea was to assign three guys to be "team captains" and have them pick teammates until all drivers were assigned to one of the three teams. I was just worried that we'd get unbalanced teams.

Also teammates should all be running the same car so they can share practice and tuning.

This was definitely part of the plan. I had picked out one car for each team and was debating over whether to make it spec or open tuning.

Points after race #4:

1. King Tut333 38

2. xBDx Reaper 22

3. bens98gt 18

4. SubaruCooper93 17

5. Me 16

6. APX Caramel 14

7. jinklejinx 14

8. APIndy 10

9. Zayne D 6

A bit of a shakeup in the points standings this week. Overall, I'd have to say it was a fairly clean race, given the track. Hopefully that will continue next week as well when we go to Silverstone.

Please continue to leave feedback on the team concept. With only 4 races left, I need to start putting the final touches on our next series. We have some new drivers joining us now, so that gives me a lot more flexibility in the types of race series I can run.

If you're new to the series, please go back and read the first post in this thread. It should answer pretty much all of your questions. If you still have questions after reading that post just ask. Welcome aboard!

Our next series isn't starting for another few weeks, but I wanted to get this posted because it will be run using teams - something we haven't tried before. The extra time will allow us to get our teams sorted before we begin. This next series will be based on the Super 2000 Touring Car rules. Each team has a captain and that team captain has been assigned a specific car.

All members of each captain's team will use the same car as their captain. Captains are free to work on tuning setups with any or all of their teammates, but all members of the team must use the same tune. Tunes may be changed between races, provided that they follow all series rules and are used by all team members.

Each team is free to paint their cars as they see fit, but only car numbers may differ between cars of the same team. Otherwise, all cars on a team must use the same paint scheme. Team members should all be in agreement as to which paint scheme to use.

Each team may select two tracks for use in the series schedule. All teammates should be in agreement as to which two tracks to submit.

Teams, captains and cars:

Honda Racing                    Seat Sport                    Ford Racing
2007 Honda Civic Type-R         2010 Seat Leon Cupra R        2013 Ford Focus ST
Shaun                           Tut                           Ben

Cars will be built to no greater than 550 PI. Allowed modifications and restrictions:

Engine and Power

All modifications are allowed provided that:

1. Engine displacement does not exceed 2.0L

2. Horsepower does not exceed 300

Platform and Handling

The following modifications shall be made to all cars:

1. Race Brakes

2. Race Springs and Dampers

3. Race Anti-roll Bars (front and rear)

4. Race Chassis Reinforcement and Roll Cage

5. Race Weight Reduction

Drivetrain

All modifications under this category are allowed

Tires and Rims

The following modification shall be made to all cars:

1. Race Tire Compound

Aero and Appearance

The following modifications shall be made to all cars:

1. Forza Motorsport 4 - Race Front Bumper

2. Forza Motorsport 4 - Race Rear Wing

Conversion

No modifications under this category shall be made to any car

The new series looks great. I am open to being on anyone's team since I just like racing. (It would be nice to win once though...) Tut, if you are serious about having me on your team that is great but I also understand since I am generally not the fastest on the track.

Let me know who's team I am on and I will be there.

The new series looks great. I am open to being on anyone's team since I just like racing. (It would be nice to win once though...) Tut, if you are serious about having me on your team that is great but I also understand since I am generally not the fastest on the track.

Let me know who's team I am on and I will be there.

One of the benefits to using teams is that you can win the championship without winning a race. Just by scoring points, you help your team out. It's my hope that it will help those of us typically not involved in the fight for first to actually affect the outcome of the championship.

Teams will be determined after either tonight or next week's race. Assuming that all three team captains are at the race tonight, their finishing order will determine the order in which they pick their teammates. They will have the option of selecting immediately following the race or here on the forums. Good luck and keep the shiny side up!

Points after race #5:

1. King Tut333 46

2. xBDx Reaper 32

3. Me 22

4. bens98gt 21

5. SubaruCooper93 21

6. APX Caramel 19

7. jinklejinx 14

8. APIndy 12

9. Zayne D 6

10. BMWTurboM3 1

Next week is Road America. I started in back, so I'm not aware if there were any issues out front, but from my vantage point we had an excellent race last night. Shelton and Cooper had an epic battle that lasted most of the race, but cost Shelton a spot on the podium as I was able to pass them in the pits.

Teams for the next series will be selected by teams captains in the order determined tonight: Shaun, Tut and then Ben. I will update the original post to reflect teams as drivers are selected.

Edited by Guest
So how are we going to do the Draft? NFL style? ahaha

You don't get a podium with the Ford Racing logo on it, if that's what you're asking. Seriously, though, the more I think about it the more I believe we should do a snake draft to make things fair for all three teams. We've got 7 drivers that can be selected, so that means the entire draft order would look like this:

• 1. Shaun
    2. Tut
    3. Ben
    4. Ben
    5. Tut
    6. Shaun
    7. Shaun

I've tried to set this draft up in as equitable a way as possible. The list is fairly short, so we should be able to get this done in fairly short order depending on how often team captains check the forums. Good luck and please let me know if anyone sees any problems with this system.

Someone send me the replay to last nights race I want to see the first couple laps.

I think Cooper said he was going to save a copy. If he did, I'd like to see it as well.

Edited by Guest
I have a copy of the race.

First Pick is .............

Cooper

I has copy of the race as well. Shelton and I battled almost the whole race until I ran over some sticky grass towards the end.

YAY I was picked first!!!!

How does it feel to be picked first? cuz I know you weren't first for kickball.

I let you know how it get to be pick last!

BTW, I should not count since I'm a rooookieeeeee, that sucks

Looks like Shelton's driving a Seat. But look up coop, you were the No.1 Draft pick in the 2013 (insert name here) series!! Congrats.

Now for Tut to verify his 1st round Draft pick.