• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MR_E

• Cooper93

• bens98gt

• King Tut

I think most, if not all, of it was unavoidable and can be chalked up to racing.

Next week we race at Sunset Peninsula. Break out your grip setups and watch those rumple strips.

I guess you could say they were unavoidable. Grip setups? Now there is a joke if I ever saw one. I will be softening up my car to make sure I don't roll it on the rumble strips though.

Sorry for the contact. I haven't looked at the replay yet to see it all from the outside view but I'd say I had a good 10-15mph on you when I got you. I will take total blame for it, which is the reason I slowed and hit the pits with you. I got a great jump out of the kink, was track right, as you moved over from left I assumed you were setting up to take a defensive line into the next corner, so I began to move track left, and was surprised to say the least when you stayed in the middle.

My fault completely.

Points after race #7:

1. King Tut333 59

2. xBDx Reaper 43

3. Me 30

4. SubaruCooper93 29

5. RandomHandle 28

6. jinklejinx 27

7. bens98gt 26

8. APIndy 18

9. Zayne D 6

10. BMWTurboM3 1

Next week we have our final race of the series at Le Mans. After that we will be moving on to our Super 2000 team series. I hope everyone is getting a handle on tunes for their new cars.

After that we will be moving on to our Super 2000 team series. I hope everyone is getting a handle on tunes for their new cars.

Only 4 points seperating 5 drivers going into Le Mans. Looks good. I was meaning to ask you if you did any testing prior to selecting the three cars for the Super 2000 team series? How did you pick the three cars? I am just wondering if one of them will have a competitive advantage or not. I haven't even built one yet, but hopefully I will have time next week.

After that we will be moving on to our Super 2000 team series. I hope everyone is getting a handle on tunes for their new cars.

Only 4 points separating 5 drivers going into Le Mans. Looks good. I was meaning to ask you if you did any testing prior to selecting the three cars for the Super 2000 team series? How did you pick the three cars? I am just wondering if one of them will have a competitive advantage or not. I haven't even built one yet, but hopefully I will have time next week.

I tested all three cars prior to their selection. They were picked because they are all currently being currently used as Super 2000 Touring Cars. I would have liked to have been able to select the Chevy Cruze and BMW 320i in addition to the Seat, but neither of those cars are in the game. As to a competitive advantage, the Honda and Seat are on even footing with any advantage coming down to track choice. The Focus was consistently the slowest of the three cars, so Ben and I are working to try to close the gap with tuning and good track choice.

In my opinion, the best way to maximize your points is to buy the Honda and the Seat and tune both cars. Then go to the Hot Lap function and set a good fast lap in the car you aren't driving on a track you're thinking about picking. Immediately jump in the car you are driving and turn laps in it on the same track. You'll be on track against the ghost of the opposing car, so it will give you a good idea of where your car is better and worse. Repeat for each potential track. Add in the Ford if you want to be thorough.

I would have liked to replace the Ford with something else, but there really wasn't anything in the Touring Car category that would have been any more competitive. The only options I could come up with came from the Rally Car list, and they are more compact - more along the lines of a Fiesta. Actually, looking at the list again, I see that the Volvo C30 is an option. I'll test that tonight and see if it's an improvement. Somehow I overlooked that in my testing.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I believe the Volvo uses the 2.5L engine which would be why I didn't test it.

Edited by Guest

I did some more testing with the Super 2000 cars last night. As I thought, the Volvo uses a 2.5L engine making it ineligible. The Focus perplexes me. On some tracks (Hockenheim and Infineon) I was able to keep pace with the Honda and Seat, although the car wasn't nearly as easy to drive at that pace. Other tracks (like RA), it was just abysmal, running 2 seconds slower. I've been giving some thought to replacing it in the interest of making all three teams competitive. Of the cars eligible to replace the Focus, the Scirocco seems to have the same problems, the Golf is effectively the same car as the Seat and the remaining Super 2000 Touring Cars aren't in the game or are out of production. The only remaining car that I could pick to replace it (without just grabbing a random hatch with no connection to the WTCC like the Veloster) is the Peugeot 308 and it sits at D300. Needless to say, it takes a lot of parts to get it to A550, which is kind of why I avoided it in the first place, but once it's there it seems to hold its own with the Honda and Seat. It's still not as nimble as the other two, but it's a significant improvement over the Focus and much easier to drive. I'll do some more testing on it, but it may just work. Fortunately we still have a good bit of time left before this series starts and my decisions have to be finalized.

I did some more testing with the Super 2000 cars last night. As I thought, the Volvo uses a 2.5L engine making it ineligible. The Focus perplexes me. On some tracks (Hockenheim and Infineon) I was able to keep pace with the Honda and Seat, although the car wasn't nearly as easy to drive at that pace. Other tracks (like RA), it was just abysmal, running 2 seconds slower. I've been giving some thought to replacing it in the interest of making all three teams competitive. Of the cars eligible to replace the Focus, the Scirocco seems to have the same problems, the Golf is effectively the same car as the Seat and the remaining Super 2000 Touring Cars aren't in the game or are out of production. The only remaining car that I could pick to replace it (without just grabbing a random hatch with no connection to the WTCC like the Veloster) is the Peugeot 308 and it sits at D300. Needless to say, it takes a lot of parts to get it to A550, which is kind of why I avoided it in the first place, but once it's there it seems to hold its own with the Honda and Seat. It's still not as nimble as the other two, but it's a significant improvement over the Focus and much easier to drive. I'll do some more testing on it, but it may just work. Fortunately we still have a good bit of time left before this series starts and my decisions have to be finalized.

Sounds good. I have some guys that are VERY good at balancing cars in my Forza club, but we normally tell people exactly what parts they have to run on their cars to get them perfectly balanced.

Why not use the MazdaSpeed 3? Or, use the Cruze as the Colbalt? Mini? Renault?

The Cobalt is no longer in production, and really occupies a different market segment than the Cruze so I don't really see it as a substitute. The Mini would make a good option, but its smaller size and lower hp make it direct competition for smaller cars like the Fiesta, DS3, Fiat Punto, VW Polo, etc. Basically if I were creating a Super 2000 Rally Car series, it would be in, no questions. The Mazdaspeed3 is a great hot hatch, but it exceeds the 2.0L capacity and is thus ineligible. The Renault Megane is a good fit for the class, but for whatever reason Renault has not had a presence in this type of racing. If I were going to go with a car that had no Super 2000 history, I would be more inclined to go with something like the Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde. Alfa was previously involved in the WTCC, but they used the 156 (which is both no longer in production and not in the game).

Good thoughts, though. I was really hoping that the Volvo C30 would work, but the version in the game uses a 2.5L engine so it's a no-go. For reference, here is a list of cars that have competed at some point under Super 2000 regulations:

• Alfa Romeo 156
    Audi A4
    BMW 320i
    BMW 320si
    BMW 320TC
    Chevrolet Cruze
    Chevrolet Cruze 1.6T
    Chevrolet Lacetti
    Ford Focus ST
    Ford Focus S2000 TC
    Honda Accord
    Honda Civic
    Honda Civic Type R
    Honda Civic S2000 TC
    Lada 110
    Lada Priora
    Lada Granta WTCC
    Lexus IS200
    Mercedes C200
    Peugeot 307
    Peugeot 308
    Peugeot 407
    SEAT León TFSI
    SEAT León TDI
    SEAT León WTCC
    Toyota Auris
    Toyota Corolla
    Vauxhall Vectra
    Volkswagen Scirocco
    Volkswagen Golf
    Volvo C30
    Volvo S60

Dust Bunny Unit

2010 Golf GTi Mk6

2011 DS4

2006 Vauxhall Astra VXR

2011 SX4 Sportback

2013 Scion FR-S

2013 Veloster Turbo

Those seem like they'd fit in?

2010 Golf GTi Mk6

2011 DS4

2006 Vauxhall Astra VXR

2011 SX4 Sportback

2013 Scion FR-S

2013 Veloster Turbo

Those seem like they'd fit in?

The Astra definitely fits the bill. I can't remember for certain, but I believe that I have one built for testing. I'll put some time into seeing how competitive it is with the other two cars and the 308.

The remaining cars on that list get a "no" for one of several reasons:

1. Rally cars (SX4, Veloster)

2. Drift car (Scion)

3. Not raced (DS4)

4. Rebadged Seat (Golf)

Dust Bunny Unit

Well, thought they'd fit as they seem to be cars that would work in the series (2.0 sport hatch).

Also, the 2007 Honda ended production of that body style MY2011. They have a new (UGLIER) body coming out.

Well, thought they'd fit as they seem to be cars that would work in the series (2.0 sport hatch).

And generally speaking you are correct. The criteria is a bit more complex than that just because of the rule set on which I'm basing the series.

Also, the 2007 Honda ended production of that body style MY2011. They have a new (UGLIER) body coming out.

Yep. I thought about using the 2012 Civic, but ultimately the 2007 version was more consistent with what you would typically see in a WTCC race and Forza doesn't have a newer Civic hatch, so 2007 it is.

The Fit.........

I really don't want to have to Honda teams. The 308 GTI and Astra VXR seem to be fairly even in my limited testing thus far. Both would be better options than the Focus. Realistically, I think these are the only options available. I don't have time to test too many more cars.

Dust Bunny Unit

He ditched the Ford to drive a Vette. I don't see why he wouldn't drive a car that could turn into rust in a matter of 4 seconds or catch fire at any moment in time. Hopefully that'll keep him off the pit wall.

I believe the Focus will be replaced by the Peugeot 308 GTi. The Astra seems to be a more nimble car, but I seem to post quicker lap times with the Peugeot on a regular basis. I think either car will continue to be the underdog, but hopefully this will help narrow the gap.

Final points for the Supercar Shootout:

1. King Tut333 60

2. xBDx Reaper 53

3. Me 38

4. SubaruCooper93 35

5. jinklejinx 31

6. bens98gt 31

7. RandomHandle 30

8. APIndy 21

9. Zayne D 6

10. BMWTurboM3 1

Next week is the shakedown for the Super 2000 Touring Car series. Get your tunes and designs ready.

In the two quick races we had after the Supercar finale all three cars for the upcoming series proved to be amazingly close in lap times. At Road Atlanta in particular we had three laps with three cars nose to tail the entire time. This could shape up to be one of the best series yet. Team racing will make it that much more interesting.

I got down to 4:05's at the end of the race, if my power had not been taken I could have been up at the front but owell. The super 2000 series looks to be good from what I see.

Ryan if your wanting to go down to RA Sunday to watch we could both go down or meet Shaun at his house and all carpool. Last year Me, Shaun, and Cooper did it and had a ton of fun, aside from me and coop arguing the whole way down. What do yall think?

He was complaining about you on your mustang, mustang, mustang tangent. I will letyouguys know for sure if we are going, trying to get my new wheels on saturday if thw wheel studs play nice.