Who is running ST in southeast this year?

Red Tornado

My friend Charlie North (Function First Motorsport) created the car. It's a full flat bottom tunnel car with ground effects. He is a air craft mechanic and car builder who started at a Lotus dealer ship when he was a teenager back in the late 60's. I placed the car 2cd at the 2011 championship in ST-2. Mid Ohio is a giant autocross track. The car works well at high speed tracks like Pocono and the Glen. It never was finished but it showed that the drag was low The left side skirt still needs the ultra flat epoxy bottom we created on the right. Once done and track ready I will be hunting for a 2 minute lap at the Glen!

My friend Charlie North (Function First Motorsport) created the car. It's a full flat bottom tunnel car with ground effects. He is a air craft mechanic and car builder who started at a Lotus dealer ship when he was a teenager back in the late 60's. I placed the car 2cd at the 2011 championship in ST-2. Mid Ohio is a giant autocross track. The car works well at high speed tracks like Pocono and the Glen. It never was finished but it showed that the drag was low The left side skirt still needs the ultra flat epoxy bottom we created on the right. Once done and track ready I will be hunting for a 2 minute lap at the Glen!

No dave we r both going for 1:57's! We will leave to 2 min+ lap times to the SE guys

No dave we r both going for 1:57's! We will leave to 2 min+ lap times to the SE guys

Yeah, but we plan to do sub 2min with no aero, tiny tires and little engines.

I will try my best to test the Evo, probably at New Hampshire and make the June event. I wish I could attend a Skip Barber school there but thats not possible. Heard so much about Road Atlanta. I am looking forward to racing with the southeast region. Pete you better get all the racing in you can before our show down in Sept!

• 3 months later...

Sorry not to make this weekends event at Road Atlanta. Work on the car did not happen in time to make a test day at New Hampshire Int. I'll have to wait to race my beast on America's bravest track! I have been asked to join a chump car team at VIR in July. Hopefully I will get to race for several hours down south this year.....Everybody race hard, be safe and have a good time.....

• 6 months later...

I'm planning on running ST2 a little this year. Maybe supersize nats ST2/AI.

What's the tire of choice in ST2? Thinking either BFG R1 or R6/A6. I'm excited to run the new Toyo RR's though.

Will, this was a 2013 thread. There is a 2014 ST thread somewhere in SE. But, glad to see you are going to run in ST2 some this year.

I'm planning on running ST2 a little this year. Maybe supersize nats ST2/AI.

What's the tire of choice in ST2? Thinking either BFG R1 or R6/A6. I'm excited to run the new Toyo RR's though.

• 5 months later...

I see this post is a bit old but my little ole Spitfire with a rotary in it just can't keep up with some of you guys in ST3. I will be at RA in a week to give it another shot. I just need more power LOL. Its feels pretty bad when kevin in the corvette in ST3 walks off an leaves me like I was sitting still LOL. Just having fun and hopefully staying out of trouble is all I can hope for.

Not to hi jack the ST class thread too much, but have you thought about running the spitfire in the vintage class?

they did away with the vintage class at the track because it was not a national class and was a headache for the timing and scoring so we are left to run in ST class where we can't really compete. I am supposed to still get points for V3 but don't know how that will work. I guess we will see at the end of the year.