Joshua

Hoosier Contingency 2013

Joshua

It appears that there is an important change to the Hoosier contingency for 2013. The payouts remain the same, but the timetable for claiming tires won in competition is different. Starting now, "All Contingency Awards must be claimed no later than 30 days after the award was earned. Requests received after this date will be denied."

That makes it more difficult to save up a full set before making a claim.

Also, you should re-register for 2013 at this link: https://www.hoosiertire.com/nasareg_db.asp

Thought everyone would want to know.

See you all in March!

Balroks

Sigh. Didn't see any official announcement?

On top of that we have yet ANOTHER spec class to kill class car counts, and tire prices went up....again. Hoping BFG retains.

Mrsideways

I guess that's not a big deal. They could have made the car count required higher which likely would have killed the whole program. Glad they didn't do that at least.

Balroks
I guess that's not a big deal. They could have made the car count required higher which likely would have killed the whole program. Glad they didn't do that at least.

Indeed, but still we're lucky if we get 3+ in any class aside from SM, or sometimes AI, which neither run HoHo's anyway. No logic.

Mrsideways

IIRC you need 5. Maybe I'll finally get this crap can sitting on jack stands in my drive way done and I'll come play in ST3.... so that'll make 4. Wooooo

wpbcobra

Indeed, but still we're lucky if we get 3+ in any class aside from SM, or sometimes AI, which neither run HoHo's anyway. No logic.

just sell that 4 door shit and buy a stang for AI and join the fun

TurboShortBus
All Contingency Awards must be claimed must be claimed no later than 30 days after the award was earned.

Requests received after this date will be denied.

I guess they are getting tired of being buried under hundreds of last-minute contingency requests on December 15 every year. I can't say that I would disagree with them...

How dare they put time limits on their free tire program. The nerve of them. Who wouldn't rather save up a season's worth of $8.50 Toyo bucks or just pay full price so you can get tires months after an event?

Mark

Balroks

just sell that 4 door shoo-shiddily-diddily and buy a stang for AI and join the fun

Indeed, for a 2 door lead sled lol I heard the 3 rotor rx8 will join st3 as well because of some SCCA ruling, so that's 4 then? Me, Joe, Ian, 3rotor dude, James sold his porche, lame. Regardless that'd be some fun racing. I'm sure others will feed the need.

Mark - where'd you quote hoosier from, or did you just edit it?

TurboShortBus
Mark - where'd you quote hoosier from, or did you just edit it?

All I did was copy it from the registration link that Joshua posted.

Mark

Mrsideways

The Issue is if I run ST3 I'm going to run Michelin Slicks..... Which aren't available for hoosier contingency. DOH!

SpeedWorksRacing

I plan on having the S2000 in ST3 by the end of the year. The car (and me) will not be totally competitive right away but at least I can be another in the class.

kartermdb

Ill be in ST3 also, once i get through the hpde4 and comp eval.