Looks like i might be leaving TT-D

Driven

I'm looking on building my engine from the ground up:

- pistons (OEM based, but from a different engine)

- new rings

- valves (supertech)

- valve springs (supertech)

- Ti retainers (supertech)

- valve guides (portflow)

- camshafts (skunk2 stage 2)

- replace all gaskets

- cometic head gasket

- port/polish head

- port match intake manifold with bigger throttle body

now, i'm at 42points (41points if plus sizing in the wheel department doesn't count going from 15x6 to 15x7s). I won't be using any programmable electronics, which brings me back to 40points (or 39).

all the above work looks like it'll only add 4 points... bringing me to 44 points. is this the case or am i moving to TT-C?

trying to build an engine that makes roughly 225whp...in a 2100lb car, it should be able to prevent those STIs and SRT4s from passing me so flipping quickly on the straights.

plus, it looks like Shawn Dolan has been putting up some quick times, gotta make sure if i'm still in TT-D, i have the power to keep in front of him.

• National Staff

Kam,

I'll have to check your car and your final classification sheet. But, FYI, an "unmodified" street car that put out 225hp and weighed only 2100 pounds (wt/hp ratio of 9.3) would be classified in either TTC*, TTC**, or TTB as its base class. I'll bet there are a few points in there that you didn't think about. Anyway, where do you think it would be fair for you to run, considering your car will have a better wt/hp ratio than probably every TTC car, and weigh a thousand pounds less than most of them?