Honda Civic no start problem

jimbow

Yea, its not a racecar yet, but will be one day.

I thought to ask my question here because you folks deal with these cars every day.

Question 1 - where can I order a real factory service manual?

I have one for my Corvette and its helped me everytime I've had an issue. I know if I had one for this car it would be invaluable.

Question 2 - Car will not start, will not crank. I can hear and feel the fuel pump run. Where can I prone and check voltages to see if the "energize starter selenoid and starter" signal is making it to the starter.

Anyone have a picture of where the starter is.

Anyone have a picture and description of where I can attach my fuel pressure gage?

Thanks in advance

Question 2 is resolved - the smaller wire on the starter the connector was broke.

Replaced and now she starts.

Question 1 is still active - thanks in advance!

I didn't realize I left the year out of my first post. Its been a long week.

Car is a 1994 Honda Civic DX 4dr 5sp manual

I looked at the Helms site and was wondering. They have a "copied" FSM and a "print when ordered" wiring book. I proably need both since the notes for the FSM say it does not include any wiring diagrams that may have been in the book when published?

Thanks for the help!

I didn't realize I left the year out of my first post. Its been a long week.

Car is a 1994 Honda Civic DX 4dr 5sp manual

I looked at the Helms site and was wondering. They have a "copied" FSM and a "print when ordered" wiring book. I proably need both since the notes for the FSM say it does not include any wiring diagrams that may have been in the book when published?

Thanks for the help!

Correct. The full FSM, when new, included fold out pages of wiring diagrams. You would want/need the ETM (Electronic Troubleshooting Manual).

Thanks very much, think I'll go and order from Helms. Those guys on eBay want just as much for thier gently used manuals - in some cases a lot more than new from Helms