little pissant

Winter Meltdown Videos

little pissant

I'll start it off!!

Here is qualifying from Saturday:

(will have the race up tomorrow)

sonny

And a HUGE thanks to Tim Sosebee for diagnosing & fixing my cooling issues otherwise I would not have made it out on track!

Edited by Guest

audiobuffru12

AWSOME Video Coverage so far ,Congrads

little pissant

Here is my race from saturday:

I didn't get to race sunday due to a broken second gear in qualifying.

But,

I do want to thank

NASA-SE

Brad Daugherty Racing

Thunder Roadster drivers of NASA-SE

and of course...

My parents

For helping me out in my tough weekend.

dans2k

ok whos selling a thunder roadster!?

sonny
ok whos selling a thunder roadster!?

Why would anyone of us sell our car? We're having WAYS too much fun with them! If you're looking to get into one, contact Randy Suddreth. He'll do his best to hook you up with one.

Scott G.

Saturday video: Mayhem at the kink.

Sunday vid, at least the first half of the race which is where all the fun was. It's full of fabulous commentary to include why it was the GTS2 car's fault that I rear ended him. Not until I reviewed the video did I realize that he inexplicably threw his car into reverse as he approached turn 14. His reverse lights gave him away.

Yes, of course I'm kidding. It was my fault.

RJ's325ITS
Saturday video: Mayhem at the kink.

Sunday vid, at least the first half of the race which is where all the fun was. It's full of fabulous commentary to include why it was the GTS2 car's fault that I rear ended him. Not until I reviewed the video did I realize that he inexplicably threw his car into reverse as he approached turn 14. His reverse lights gave him away.

Yes, of course I'm kidding. It was my fault.

here is my side........... allow me to quote you:

“When the GTS2 car comes out of the turn, look how far ahead Patton is. I don’t think Patton forced him to slow so much. I think the GTS2 car just entered the turn slower because he’s cautious by nature”

In my video you can see that my front bumper is about 1 to 2 feet from Patton’s rear bumper when you hit me!

The reason why he is ahead coming out of the turn is because I got rear ended by you and I got busy trying not to go off track! I can’t believe you think that after I get hit during cornering it will not cause my car to get upset and alter my exit…..

Everyone after the race was asking my why the E30 tried to lay a pit maneuver on me?

I have about $1,000.00 reasons why I should be pissed, cracked headers, bent exhaust, broken bumper, etc,,, all because you could not look in front of me. Like I said at the track, I was a reflection of the pack leader at that point; I was under driving my car to find a clear path to pass him. I was and still are mad at this because you could not understand that if I would’ve drove my car like you do yours, I would’ve end up on Patton’s rear bumper like you end up on mine! That is why I keep saying to you this could’ve been avoided.

Going back to passing Patton before T8.:

My initial goal was to pass Patton before getting to T8, started showing my intentions running off line to the car in front of me, I was trying to make it clear to him that I was taking the inside after coming out of T7, so he moves to the middle I go from WOT to PT, move to the outside, at this point I knew I could only pass 1 since I lost some of my momentum.

As far as how easy it is to pass at SE30, well you do the math. I’m 2690Lbs with 179ishWHP 150ishWTQ on 325 stock brakes…. At RA’s back straight I can pull on you like nothing, E36 is more aero friendly, and the extra power helps… on a track like this were I barely get to see 5th gear, I could just take the inside by using the HP and make the E30 slow down b/c I’m taking the apex… I just don’t want to be that guy, I felt there was no need for that type of overtaking.

So as I approach to T8 I tried to move back left to take a better line thru 8, but the E30 behind Patton was not behind Patton, perhaps he was just using me to slow Patton. As you can see in the video I’m turning from mid track = not a fast entry thus not fast at track out. So it’s not my caution that causes me to slow the other guy, it’s his behavior plus Patton never fully giving the turn….

Thunder Roadster after the kink:

I move to the inside because I see you coming at speed and Patton has over slowed for some reason I ignore, so I moved out of the way so you’ll have a clear view of the track ahead of you…. In my own personal gain I need it to stay behind Patton so I could get out of you all’s way…..

Scott G.

Long PM from me at BF.c.

You're right about the issue of space between you and Patton at the exit of turn 14 doesn't accurately reflect the amount of space between you two at turn entry. I'll change that in my video in the morning. We don't agree on the amount of space between you two at turn 14 entry, nor the issue of you over-slowing at turn in, but a public forum is no place to tussle over it. The impact was my fault. Beyond that, I won't argue in public. See the PM.

bob-e

this guy is being real timid

this guy is real cautious

this guy is checking up too early

whammo, whoah, didn't see that coming

looked like unfortunate racing incident to me. sucks, but it happens.

Scott G.
this guy is being real timid

this guy is real cautious

this guy is checking up too early

whammo, whoah, didn't see that coming

Yes, that's precisely how I screwed up. We have to all read each other's minds. I had enough info from being behind the e36 to be able to make decent predictions. But instead I expected it to hug up tight to Patton in 14 like a SpecE30 would. That expectation was contrary to the behavior I'd seen over the past 60secs so it was dumb. So that is precisely how I screwed up.

Darrel

Here is my Sunday Race, started 5th and finished 2nd. Enjoy

RJ's325ITS

I don't want to get into a flame war in the forums, or judge everybody's driving technique.

It's hard to take a punch on track, and on a public video by someone that say's "I'm sorry I fucked up", and then proceeds to say "but if you didn't have driving like A, and done B, I would've not hit you". In a case like this the words -- I'm sorry -- mean nothing to me.

Taking accountability and responsibility for your own actions it's a better way to say I'm sorry, and based on this I will do so by:

My responsibility as another faster class is to pass without any incidents, And I think I was accomplishing that pretty well even with whatever driving technique I was using.

Should I be held accountable for the accident, sincerely no. I made 14 clean successful passes until I got in front of the driver in question here, I took nobody out, to pass, or to keep a position. Why should I have to be hold accountable or share accountability for the actions of a driver behind me...

Moving on, yeah shit happens and it will happen again because that is racing, but is what we can learn from this to help either the driver in question here or perhaps the next driver in front of him.

I have been in the same situation when I'm going into 10A at Road Atlanta when the car in front of me slows down more than expected, at this point my whole training and my driving career kicks in, my maneuver goes as follows and I hope everybody understands me:

1. I get off the brakes to release some grip from the front tires, since I'm at threshold breaking.

2. Quickly used all my available grip to steer the car left off line.

3. Get the car pointing straight, after a maneuver like that the car gets unstable.

4. Go back to threshold breaking in a straight line to still make the turn and don't take the other car out.

Which is exactly what I would've done if I would've been sitting in the SE30.

Now back to my driving technique being so cautious and whatnot, I bet Robert Patton (the guy in front of me) was really happy he didn't end up rear-ended. I bet the other 13 drivers that I passed on my way to this point are glad that I made a clean pass, and didn't push them out of the way...

I will take all of your words into account, but ultimately I decide to look at the big picture.

1. It was the first race of the year, no need to be that aggressive.

2. Why do bumper to bumper racing with a car that is out of my class, in this case Robert Patton's car in front of me at turn 14.

3. Why drive the car Balls to the wall, when the race season just started, and there is a championship ahead of me thus no logical reason why I should get 3-6in from somebody's rear bumper.... I've been taught to save/conserve the car to race another day.

We all have free will, we'll have freedom of speech. This are my own ideas you do not have to understand them, or make them yours, just except that they are mine, to keep & to follow.

Since I was a little boy racing go-karts, I was taught that strategy overpowers muscle.

bob-e
Here is my Sunday Race, started 5th and finished 2nd. Enjoy

Good one Darrel! Was that Randy out there playing in the sand box?

braknl8

I'll be the first to subject myself to humility by posting some slow, uneventful DE2 Stuff:

Couple of laps from the 3rd session Saturday, after being black-flagged for scrubbing under green on the out lap :

8c3rGcqv734

Experimenting on tires that were WAY gone:

BzSZWJjLgMM

Was a beautiful weekend with great folks, as always. Many thanks to the Pantas family and crew for making it all possible and to the other SE drivers for being so dang fun to be around!!

Edited by Guest

Keith Andrews

RJ's325ITS, I've got no dog in the fight but I'll give you my .02.

Should you have been hit hard enough to have damage, no.

Did you put yourself in a position to get hit, yes.

The guys you were racing around are racing very hard and you are in the middle of it. They don't have extra HP to make up for slow in fast out cornering. They don't have the luxury to be patient while you decide when to pass. You need to get buy and drive hard to get out in front of them. When you hesitate and allow them to use you as a blocker for the cars they are trying to stay in front of, you are in their race. You don't want to be there.

Tough lesson learned. I've been there.

No need to be defensive. Be offensive, slower cars expect faster cars to pass decisively.

My .02

RJ's325ITS

have you read my posts? I guess not since I did sustained damage, car never recover after the hit? Did you see what happens after the hit in the video

I don't think so, so any thunder roadster that passes me and takes a different line that me I can rear end? Or if he adjust his line thru the corner de to the car in front, I can hit him, and you can tell him you put our self in that position.....

You don't wind a championship in the first race... Does that sounds familiar to you?

The guys you were racing around are racing very hard and you are in the middle of it. They don't have extra HP to make up for slow in fast out cornering. They don't have the luxury to be patient while you decide when to pass. You need to get buy and drive hard to get out in front of them. When you hesitate and allow them to use you as a blocker for the cars they are trying to stay in front of, you are in their race. You don't want to be there.

I was manteining my distance, even though I could drive faster, brake shorter and get on the gas faster into turn 14 in doesn't mean that I could push the guy in front, my driving was a reflection of the guy in front of me, since he was the same class as the guy behind me. With the only exception that I leave enough racing room, enough room to make adjustments in case something happen.

I just rather not fight fire with fire, because their cars can take a hit like that and keep rocking it doesn't mean that my car can too....

No need to be defensive. Be offensive, slower cars expect faster cars to pass decisively.

My .02

bob-e

this is gonna be a good season

sonny

As a gentle reminder to everyone -- Jim is keeping very close score of any vehicle contact this year & says he will be coming down hard on repeat offenders. (Having said that, I really have to watch myself & behave.)

This was just the first race weekend of a long season. Respect for each other on the track goes a long way towards good camaraderie & clean racing. Let's try to keep that in mind for the rest of the season!

Keith Andrews

have you read my posts? I guess not since I did sustained damage, car never recover after the hit? Did you see what happens after the hit in the video

I don't think so, so any thunder roadster that passes me and takes a different line that me I can rear end? Or if he adjust his line thru the corner de to the car in front, I can hit him, and you can tell him you put our self in that position.....

You don't wind a championship in the first race... Does that sounds familiar to you?

I was manteining my distance, even though I could drive faster, brake shorter and get on the gas faster into turn 14 in doesn't mean that I could push the guy in front, my driving was a reflection of the guy in front of me, since he was the same class as the guy behind me. With the only exception that I leave enough racing room, enough room to make adjustments in case something happen.

I just rather not fight fire with fire, because their cars can take a hit like that and keep rocking it doesn't mean that my car can too....

My .02

Hey sorry, I guess you misunderstood my comments.

What I was trying to say is you should not have been hit. I read the posts and watched all the videos.

Since you misunderstood my initial comment I'll give you a pass on the balance of your rant.

I was trying to offer a constructive critique as someone not involved. I was not advocating you need to hit anybody, just stay out of the middle of someone racing.

You were not racing anyone as far as I could tell.

I hope you have a good season and good luck.

braknl8

Nothing from Thunder...anyone?

brkntrxn

A couple of random laps from my daughter's DE1 sessions with me instructing. It was her second track event, first time at CMP.

brkntrxn

Taking someone for a ride and I spun in T13 when a tire corded.

Foosh442

Had a great time at CMP, this was my first event with the SE region. My Dad and I shared his car for the weekend ('99 FRC Corvette), he did TT and I raced. The car is a ST3/TT3 car but I ran in ST2 because there were more cars.

Here is a clip from Saturdays Thunder race when Canada hit some oil on the track:

Here is the opening laps of Sundays Thunder race:

n80
Taking someone for a ride and I spun in T13 when a tire corded.

I was (waaay) behind you when you spun and you were back on track so fast they never threw a yellow. I forgot to turn my GoPro on and didn't get it on camera.