Question about sharing a car at HPDE

chucky_d

Looking to register for the watkins glen HPDE1 event this april. I was wondering if anyone knows what the policy on two drivers using the same car?

Also- We will only be attending 1 day of HPDE

No problems with sharing a car (as long as the car is up to it), but you will need to split the time if you are both in the same DE session.

Awesome. Do you know if both drivers have to pay the entry feeor is it one fee per car?

Keep a close eye on the brakes and tires, especially if the sessions are back-to-back. I have seen shared cars end up with boiled brake fluid and worn pads and it ended their fun early.

Sent a couple emails, still waiting for a response. I emailed the regional director, no response and I recently emailed the generic "info" email, still waiting. If everything goes as planned I should be running fresh dot5 fluid, and upgraded brakes, everything I've read pretty much says the brakes are the #1 priority for these events.

Sent a couple emails, still waiting for a response. I emailed the regional director, no response and I recently emailed the generic "info" email, still waiting. If everything goes as planned I should be running fresh dot5 fluid, and upgraded brakes, everything I've read pretty much says the brakes are the #1 priority for these events.

Chunky - is that Dot5 Silicone based fluid, or maybe 5.1 fluid? I've heard in the past, that the Silicone based Dot 5 fluid doesn't work well on the track with some info in http://www.stoptech.com/technical-support/technical-white-papers/brake-fluid. I'll list some other threads on brake fluid below. Personally, I use Motul RBF600. - Jim

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57374&hilit=dot+5+brake+fluid

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=45202&hilit=dot+5+brake+fluid

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=29191&hilit=dot+5+brake+fluid

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14976&hilit=dot+5+brake+fluid&start=20