Spec iron suspension package

suck fumes

I think the question should be; What strut/shock (coilover) combo works with the Ford Racing M-18183-B Caster/Camber Plates?

Answer is Sachs..........and those use a spherical bearing front upper strut mount.

The Plates were manufactured Maximum Motorsports, the pictue below is representative of the Ford Racing Plates.

Mm5CC-5_LG.jpg

The AST 4150 Coilovers front structs are I believe are designed to be used with a radial bearing and won't work without different parts.

DSC_8199-XL.jpg

The Eibach Multi-Pro R1 Coil-over kit won't work without different parts.

So where does this leave folks looking for coilovers?

And the Sachs the FRPP C/C plates are designed for are reservoir shocks too. Hopefully the C/C plates will be taken into consideration on this choice.

+1 on the Sachs!! Awesome pieces.

Ed

You owning a set wouldn't have anything to do with that would it ? Overpriced for what they are even if they where still available .

AST I hope . looks the only decent option without spending 3500-5500 for a shock strut package.

Might consider the Eibach Multi-Pro R2s with different springs? I know they are a remote reservoir but only have single bump and single rebound adjuster. Retail is about US$2200 for a complete 4-corner package, Maximum Motorsports makes a variation on their camber plates to suit.

Might want to talk to Eibach USA about changing the springs though, 400lb/in front and 275lb/in rear is too soft.

• Members
+1 on the Sachs!! Awesome pieces.

Ed

You owning a set wouldn't have anything to do with that would it ? Overpriced for what they are even if they where still available .

AST I hope . looks the only decent option without spending 3500-5500 for a shock strut package.

We all have the right to an opinion...

That would be great if they allowed the Sachs Dampers, as we have the rears in stock, but the rules still state "Any non-remote reservoir shock absorbers..."

• Members

There is a proposal on the table and verbal agreement...waiting on actual contracts to go public. I think drivers will really enjoy the setup.

50 days till we race. probably less for other regions....seriously where are we with this ?

Texas is about a week out from their second event. Even SE and MA have started their seasons...

Our SECOND one starts tomorrow at Rd Atl!

ed

Ya but you guys are all fake Southeast si cars. you vote doesn't matter. We are talking about real si cars Being built for the series...

Somebody needs to kick it into high gear so we can at least make our 5 event minimum for the nationals qualification. I really want to test the car on the right suspension package and not just run anything just to race it.

If you're concerned about your 5 races, talk to your series director and see what they will allow for SI until the rules are solid. You can always run as AI to get starts. The 5 races don't have to be in class. If you are waiting to purchase something and have a car with no suspension, that sucks, but I'd probably buy the cheapest thing I could to get it on track and make sure I had my 5 in.

j

5 races doesn't matter. To the best of my knowledge, Dean only had 3 in 2010, and the last 2 years I only had 4. I'm sure there are other examples. As long as your money is green and the check cashes, you're in.

Sitting patiently waiting in Florida. The second race weekend of the year will be at Homestead in two weeks. We have two purpose built SI cars that we are thrashing on to get ready for this event. Neither car has any suspension components installed.

I absolutely don't want to buy the same thing twice.....

Thanks

Richard

5 races doesn't matter. To the best of my knowledge, Dean only had 3 in 2010, and the last 2 years I only had 4.

Now that I know they don't enforce any of the rules, it's out with the restrictor plate and in with the Jerico.

And this sucker is going into the Spec Miata... They aren't checking anyway.

733892_10151511948230033_351815618_n.jpg

j