Spec iron suspension package

suck fumes

5 races doesn't matter. To the best of my knowledge, Dean only had 3 in 2010, and the last 2 years I only had 4. I'm sure there are other examples. As long as your money is green and the check cashes, you're in.

HUH???

Are you not counting my TT events, ST2 races, or out of region races? They all count... I actually don't think I had a single AI start in 2012 except for Nationals. But hell, I think I had four races in last year before the season even started in the Midwest.

BTW: My car is due back from paint tomorrow and I would like to know what the heck is going on for dampers. I think it's time to make the decision to leave the rule as it is for 2013 or make a decision no later than 3/21/2013. We NEED to know what to buy. If no decision is made, I think everyone is going to assume that they can run ANY damper package they want since ANYTHING has been allowed to date...

HUH???

Are you not counting my TT events, ST2 races, or out of region races? They all count... I actually don't think I had a single AI start in 2012 except for Nationals. But hell, I think I had four races in last year before the season even started in the Midwest.

Maybe it was 2009? I can't remember. Anyway, there are other examples, including myself. So, don't be too offended. NASA won't stake you through the heart if you don't have 5 races.

I will follow up on this. As far as I was concerned, it was a done deal, waiting on a signature and on autopilot weeks ago.

Nope, I don't hear the crickets. I think they got tired of waiting too and went home....

Ed

Went home? We've long surpased the lifespan of a cricket on this one. They're dead...

Richard P.

Nope, I don't hear the crickets. I think they got tired of waiting too and went home....

Ed

Went home? We've long surpased the lifespan of a cricket on this one. They're dead...

Richard P.

Well here's a little bit about crickets........

A cricket usually lives less than one year, but if they find a warm house, or better, someone to make them a home and provide water and food, their lifespan can be lengthened. As a rule though, as winter approaches, the female will look for the perfect spot to lay her eggs. This is generally on the ground. When spring arrives, the new cricket, or nymph, hatches looking very much like an adult cricket, only minus his or her wings. Through several molts, casting off their skin, they grow larger, and develop their wings. Below 32 Degrees they will die so most do not make it through the winter.

and here's the real news..........

Word is that the Spec Suspension or at least an option will be the AST 5100, they will have an additional bushing so they will work with the Ford Racing Camber Plate.

» Rebound Adjustable ("Singles"), without reservoir

» 44.5mm diameter shaft struts, Inverted

» Aluminum cylinder for rear, threaded body shocks, factory mounting style

» Spherical lower "eye" shock mounts

» Spherical upper shock mount assemblies (will require Ford Racing Rear Shock Mounts part #M-18197-A

» Synthetic hydraulic fluid

Now back to the crickets............

So will the spec shocks open for rebuilds or are they supposed to be left alone? Is shock dyno time a possibility to make sure everyone is playing nice? How does that work with "worn out" shocks?

Richard P.

Top 10 Facts About Crickets...

Fact 1 - Definition: Crickets (also known as "true crickets") are leaping insects characterised by the chirping noises made by the males

Fact 2 - Crickets have somewhat flattened bodies and long antennae and are similar to Grasshoppers

Fact 3 - The antennae are called feelers

Fact 4 - Crickets are characterised by their hopping movements and short jerky runs

Fact 5 - Only the male crickets chirp

Fact 6 - The wings of the males have a large vein with a row of "teeth," (like a comb does) The chirping sound is created by running the top of one wing along the teeth at the bottom of the other wing

Fact 7 - There are approx 900 species of crickets

Fact 8 - Crickets stats and facts

Colors: Black, red, brown, green

Habitat: Field, meadows

Lifespan: Less than 1 year

Diet: Crickets are omnivores eating insects, fungi and plants

Fact 9 - Crickets chirp at different rates according to the species and to the temperature of their environment

Fact 10 - Crickets chirp at higher rates the higher the temperature is

...and I am fully aware of where we are with the Spec Iron package now and am working toward an announcement before Monday morning.