What year to buy?

wera44

I have 10 years of motorcycle road racing experience and I'm looking to get into Spec Miata racing. Im going to start with some track days before working my way into racing and im looking at building a car from stock. I have done some searching and opinions are all over the place. Im leaning towards 1990-1993 but im looking for input. I plan on doing HPDE 1 at Road Atlanta in May so I have a little time. I know I could buy cheaper than I can build but I want to start out in a stock car while I learn plus half the fun for me is the build.

Thanks for any input

Most SMs fall into the earlier 90-93 1.6L category, but as time marches on more SMs are being built from the later 1.8L cars.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Spec Miatas can be found here: www.mazdaracers.com

Most SMs fall into the earlier 90-93 1.6L category, but as time marches on more SMs are being built from the later 1.8L cars.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Spec Miatas can be found here: http://www.mazdaracers.com

Thanks for the link.