Roll Cage Construction

SidewaysammyM3

Looking at the rulls for GTS.

It seems that you are NOT allowed to go THRU the firewall with tubing and connect to the shock/strut towers???

Is this true?

What penalty will you received if you have a car from World Challenge that has the cage tied to the front towers?

Thanks

I thought in TT you were penalized. But I will have to double check, not sure if rules are different between classes, not sure why they would be

TT rulebook

1) One or more bars that penetrate the front bulkhead/firewall +2

Not true.

So for the GTS race group you can tie the A pillar thru the firewall to the strut towers with NO penalty?

The CCR states that roll cage bars cannot go through the firewall, but the GTS rules supersede the CCR, allowing them for additional safety.

The CCR states that roll cage bars cannot go through the firewall, but the GTS rules supersede the CCR, allowing them for additional safety.

That is correct.

Likewise for Honda Challenge.

Interesting.......

So a 8pt cage, where the 2 front points are the L&R foot protection, will this rule allow to turn that 8pt cage to a 10pt cage? After adding the 2 front strut towers.

Please correct me if I misunderstand the exception to the rule.

Thanks

Interesting.......

So a 8pt cage, where the 2 front points are the L&R foot protection, will this rule allow to turn that 8pt cage to a 10pt cage? After adding the 2 front strut towers.

Please correct me if I misunderstand the exception to the rule.

Thanks

In GTS you can have a 15 point cage if you want. It's not limited to 8.

-Scott B.

To be clear, your cage MUST meet NASA standards. So, it has to be of appropriate material and thickness, it has to have all of the bars (e.g., the double driver's door bars) required by the CCR, etc. GIVEN THAT, you may then add more to it. So, if you have the core cage installed according to specs and then want to tie in all four shock towers, or connect the cage to the body, or whatever, you may do that, too, including going through the firewall.

To be clear, your cage MUST meet NASA standards. So, it has to be of appropriate material and thickness, it has to have all of the bars (e.g., the double driver's door bars) required by the CCR, etc. GIVEN THAT, you may then add more to it. So, if you have the core cage installed according to specs and then want to tie in all four shock towers, or connect the cage to the body, or whatever, you may do that, too, including going through the firewall.

What about an exo cage? Jk